Engine, tranny and axle ratios

Did I see on here once the 4 possible factory gear ratios that MJ's could have? :???: :dunno:

2.5L + auto = ?

2.5L + stick = ?

4.0L + auto = ?

4.0L + stick = ?

If someone could re-post, I would appreciate. Thanks!

These are the most common found ratios for 87+,86 seems like they pulled the ratios from a hat.you just have to look

2.5L + auto = 4.56

2.5L + 4spd = 3.55.

2.5l + 5spd = 4.10

4.0L + auto = 3.55

4.0L + stick = 3.07

i know where theres a old cherokee 2.5l auto sits at ive been thinking about pullin those axles for mine but it won't help me cause i plan to run if any nothin bigger that 33's if you want them there in a junkyard near me in st. elmo illinois $500 takes them both

AMC/Jeep wasn't good at documenting what combo's got which gears for 1986 MJ's & XJ's (84-85 XJ documentation was only slightly better),

but they spelled out the later years pretty well in factory literature:

• 2 weeks later...
i know where theres a old cherokee 2.5l auto sits at ive been thinking about pullin those axles for mine but it won't help me cause i plan to run if any nothin bigger that 33's if you want them there in a junkyard near me in st. elmo illinois $500 takes them both

Where is this junkyard? I'll be through St. Elmo next weekend on my way to Shelbyville.

IMHO only the front would be worth anything. With a 2.5/auto, I am betting the rear would be a D35 and, even with 4.56's, basically worthless. Hard to give away turdy5's around here. $500 seems a bit steep unless it s an M20/D44 rear.

Where is this junkyard? I'll be through St. Elmo next weekend on my way to Shelbyville.

ah antidisestablishmentarianism time we you be here towards just like send your # in a pm and ill ride with you there but you will have to pull them yourself or pay extra to have them removed