PARTY AT PETE'S HOUSE!!!!

Automan2164

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete, you have any local roach motels nearby? Just trying to plan ahead to see what prices are...

Rob

http://www.hotels.com/search.do?destina ... rams.rooms[0].numberOfAdults=2&children[0]=0&asaReport=HomePage%3A%3ACity&destinationId=1538574&searchParams.landmark=&hotelId=

Those are for you and the wife.... I shot them in as 3 night stays Friday-Monday.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting down to crunch time here... I've been really busy lately, but have a few things to toss out:

Pete's house is in Riverview, MI for those who don't know. Its on the far east side by Detroit.

For hotels, I just started looking tonight, but think there is a decent one close by, which is the Best Western in Woodhaven, MI. Looks like the room rate is about $60 a night. Its about 5 miles and 10 minutes away from Riverview. I have yet to book anything. Let me know what you guys think. http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern ... MI-_-23085

For plans, we have to leave a day out to wrench on the bossman's fleet, as this is why we are all getting together. I figure we can do this either Saturday or Sunday.

Another day, I would like to hit up the WPChrysler Museum. If we register a group of 15 or more, we get half off admission for each person, and the availability of a tour guide to take us through the museum at no charge. They say it takes about an hour and a half. Once I get a better idea of how many people are going, I will get on the horn to arrange something for us. Maybe at the same time I can explain who we are, and try once again to get into see the Thunderchief. Maybe.

Also, in honor of Jeep's 70th anniversary, they have a special featured exhibit/event. Convenient. :D

http://wpchryslermuseum.org/newsroom.do ... rs_of_Jeep

I will most likely be bringing the woman, as will Ben (Neohic), and I know I will have to entertain her at least one day. So, Friday will most likely be the day for that. I am planning on leaving my house early Friday, getting into MI, checking in, and seeing the sights. I'll be leaving Moday, with the Hidden winch in hand. :yes:

Ideas? Opinions? comments? Let me have them. Also, if you guys out lay out about how many are coming, so I can toss a round number out to the museum when I call them next week.

Rob :cheers:

:fs1: I really want in on this but its not looking good for me. Just bought a house and seriously doubting the MJ would make it. In other words, take pictures and have a few for me. I really wanted to be part of this meet and greet....maybe next time!

... I am planning on leaving my house early Friday, getting into MI, checking in, and seeing the sights. I'll be leaving Moday, with the Hidden winch in hand. :yes:

Ideas? Opinions? comments? Let me have them. Also, if you guys out lay out about how many are coming, so I can toss a round number out to the museum when I call them next week.

Rob :cheers:

I thought the plan was leaving Thursday and coming back on Sunday. :dunno: Also, no lady friend for me. Trying to convince another Jeeper to come along... sorry, not an MJ owner but a Jeep none the less.

3.5 to 4 hour trip for me. Planning on leaving Fri afternoon, get there Fri evening. Heading back Sunday evening.

Believe someone from further south was wanting to convoy up with me also (and possibly spend the night here), but can't remember who anymore.

I will be in the Purple People Eater, with a cap on it. Can sleep in its bed if I can park it somewhere.

Believe someone from further south was wanting to convoy up with me also (and possibly spend the night here), but can't remember who anymore.

I beleive that may have been me, but I'm still not sure if Ill be able to make the trip. I want to, but its kinda looking like it might be a no go. Ill know more in the next week or two.