Locked out

If you have wing windows, they are practically another door. Pop them open and reach in to unlock. Rear slider? Push in on it a bit, as you slide it, they sometimes clear the latch.

Other than that, the door seals are usually crap, and you can fish a hanger in to unlock the truck.

Oh, and: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12745

Rob

kh9PYtmVybU

If you have wing windows, they are practically another door. Pop them open and reach in to unlock. Rear slider? Push in on it a bit, as you slide it, they sometimes clear the latch.

Other than that, the door seals are usually crap, and you can fish a hanger in to unlock the truck.

Oh, and: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12745

Rob

Anybody home McFly? Think McFly, think.

Rob

How rusty are your floors? On previous MJ's in a pinch, I have reached up through the floor and unlocked the truck that way.

Rob :dunno:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :clapping:

Brilliant. That's sad and funny at the same time.

Slim Jim. If you don't understand the workings of the locking mechanism, then don't bother.

Even breaking a vent is cheaper than a locksmith.

Yup, I was lucky, my neighbor had one and I was able to open my girlfriend's 98 XJ with it. Aim for the right, and watch the lock for jiggling, when you see it begin to move you know you are close. BUT do NOT pull or pry with any real amount of force.

Coat hanger will always work if you are not terribly concerned with paint or if you have something covering it (good idea), just don't use the door as leverage or you may cause some denting... which would be more expensive than calling a lock smith.

To summarize: I didn't search hard enough, If my Jeep is a rusted POS I might be able to crawl in through the floor, Don't try a slim Jim because I'm probably too dumb to make it work, the vent window or any glass in the vehicle is expendable, cloths hangers are my friend and I should of had a hide-a-key under the truck. :clapping:

Thanks for the tips everyone, I'll probably try the cloths hanger, them the vent window and ultimately I'll probably wind up paying a lock smith. :shake:

Surely, you must have a friend or relative that has AAA. A couple of months ago, within a 3-day period, I locked my keys in the truck twice. Called AAA and they had it unlocked in no time. Now, I have a hide-a-key on the truck.

I have AAA plus. If a tow truck driver can't do it, they will pay for a locksmith.

Tow truck driver's always been able to, although some are better than others.

I love AAA for the towing... Lets face it, a lot of us keep our Jeeps running on hopes and prayers... Its nice to just get scooped up and taken home for free. I've been contemplating getting the RV plus, which extends the free tow out to 100 miles or so.

Rob