Not Happy with Quadratec.

MJCARENA

So I was looking for chrome headlight bezels and found a driver side NOS OEM one on ebay, got it and it looks and fits great. Now I just need one for for the pass. side. Searching the internet I find that Quadratec has OEM ones, so I ordered one. When I got it, found out it is a reproduction one made by Crown Automotive Sale Co. Inc. The chrome is dull, the plastic feels cheap and no part number molded into it at all. I contacted Quadratec and informed them of my unhappiness with this part and that it is not an OEM part. They tell me that Crown made the OEM parts and that it is one. So I contact Crown and they tell me that they are licensed to make OEM reproduction parts, but never made the original OEM part. I contact Quadratec and tell them that they falsely advertised this as an OEM part, They told me that since Crown is licensed to make reproductions of OEM parts, and they can call it an OEM part and did not falsely advertise it. I asked for a refund including shipping both ways and they will not refund shipping, just the original purchase price. I told them that I will never again purchase anything from from and they didn't seem to care. Is it just me or am I expecting to much from Quadratec.

Sorry I just had to vent.

Here is the link to the item description.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/55001_802.htm

i've always had pretty good luck with quadratec actually.parts get here really fast.

and are of a decent quality.i guess I'm just not that picky since I'm making trucks to drive thru the woods not show trucks. :)

Technically, they are right. But in reality they are wrong. Q-tec does not advertise them as NOS. I would eat the freight and burn the bridge.

I haven't ordered from them in a LONG time because of their outrageous shipping charges. But I have had good luck in the past, ended up with a free front bumper for my TJ due to their shipping mistake.

i've always had pretty good luck with quadratec actually.parts get here really fast.

and are of a decent quality.i guess I'm just not that picky since I'm making trucks to drive thru the woods not show trucks. :)

Yes, they did have fast shipping, The part would be good enough for your purpose or if it was for my XJ, but I would not have got chrome. .

Technically, they are right. But in reality they are wrong. Q-tec does not advertise them as NOS. I would eat the freight and burn the bridge.

I haven't ordered from them in a LONG time because of their outrageous shipping charges. But I have had good luck in the past, ended up with a free front bumper for my TJ due to their shipping mistake.

Just that I saw OEM and thought it would be a factory made part. The bridge has already burned.

When I lived in DE, I would place the order online then, drive up and pick it up. The shipping was a little crazy. Its a good deal if you are ordering heavy stuff (wheels, etc.), but for some plastic items they hose you. To keep average shipping costs down, they overcharge for the smaller stuff so that the bigger stuff seems like a better deal. Hurts the guys who order smaller-lighter items, but for large stuff it works out.

Yah, I've never been happy with them either. The only way to get the good OEM parts is to get them off of another vehicle or pay the piper at the dealership IMHO.

Let me look at home tonight and I'll see if I have an OEM one of those in excellent, like-new shape.

Yah, I've never been happy with them either. The only way to get the good OEM parts is to get them off of another vehicle or pay the piper at the dealership IMHO.

Let me look at home tonight and I'll see if I have an OEM one of those in excellent, like-new shape.

Please PM me if you do, Need passenger side for a 1988., Thanks