Serious Thinkin about budget boost

Well I'm wanting my truck to sit up a few more inches. I'm wanting to go level or a little up in the front. What will I need to do? I'm wanting to keep a pretty good ride, but I want more clerance and a higher stance. I need something that won't be to hard to obtain and not to hard to put on. Not looking to spend over about a hundred bucks. Whats my best route? thanks

You can find used pucks for like 25 bucks and the chevy drop shackles are like 40.... Just take off the old shackle and put the new one in its place... Up front I disconnected the lower control arms the shocks and the brake calipers, then pulled the coil out and stuck the puck in and put the coils back in.... Then put everything back together, it's easier to get stuff to line up if you put both lower control arms on at the same time :thumbsup:

Good luck

Easiest way to do pucks is to get a spring compressor,get the front of the truck up and wheels off and undo the sway bar so the axle can droop. You should have room to get the coils out and put the pucks in.

Youll need another $50 for a good alignment after youre done too, as your front wheels will be toed in and your steering wheel will be off center, and your caster angle will have gone closer to being zero. Caster spec is around 7.5 degrees, but if yours is like mine when I adjusted my caster, with as many shims as I could get in there, I still only got to 6 degrees. All I did for my boost was add 4x4 front spprings, and an extra isolater, and extended stock Chevy shackles in the rear to level it up. If you don't do the caster adjustment you will be more prone to death wobble. My truck never had any issues till I boosted mine, and then I got the wobble, it went away after I adjusted the caster and adjusted the toe properly. don't cheap out on this part. Youll be happy you didnt.

an alignment is only the first step to avoiding the dreaded deathwobble. slop in the system (steering/suspension) is what allows it. gotta make sure everything is nice and tight. lifting a truck will cause any issue to be magnified.

But it might be just fine. :thumbsup:

If you are wanting to get the front level then I would skip the chevy shackles in the rear. I would just pick up some 1-1.5 inch pucks for the front and a good alignment.

Mine had lift shackles in the rear and 1.5 inch pucks in the front and sat with some rake, but since swapping in the D44 with the larger axle tubing and taller perches (Obviously I'm SUA) it dropped it back down to level. Personally I'd rather have some rake so when I'm hauling it sits about level, which is important for vehicle control and sight.