blinkers and fuses

Hello all, first time posting but I have been reading for a few weeks. I bought a 86 4x4 long bed Comanche off a fella for 900 bucks. When I got her none of the lights worked, power steering was shot, and the interior was destroyed. Took her home comanche.gif and checked all the fluids and what do you know power steering is working again. So I started crossing my fingers the fuse box would solve the rest of my problems. Well it solved a few.

I have all my lights functioning properly except for my turn signals. I change the fuse and they work perfectly until! I turn the trucks engine over, then pop another fuse gone. Any ideas on where to start my hunt?

I agree with the light bulb sockets....also check the fuse box to make sure no wires or the harness is grounding out (I had that problem a while back). Have you checked the main box under the hood too?

I also would make sure the right bulbs are in the right sockets and that no exterior wires are grounding out.....

Yes Kro I checked my blinker fluid and it is nearly over flowing.

Tomorrow I am going to try and find time to get down under the dash. I took a lil closer look today and found the previous owner had no problem just running wires where ever he could squeeze one in. Imagine my problem lies some where in there. Thanks for the tip on the sockets, i'll give them a once over as well.

Also check the plug were the wire harness for the lights plug into the main harness. That was where my short was and I had to go to the junkyard and get one off a XJ and I snaged the whole front grill assembly while I was at it.

one of the guys at work actually was convinced that the truck he was geting trained on ahad blinker fluid and spent 10 mins looking for how to check it lol

we told some people that ask if we had a proplem and we said that we ran out of blinker fluid and they went to buy us some