Soa Pics and a qiuck question...

Would you guys post some pics of your soa setups. My truck is a on road 90% of the time type of truck,

I have a dana 35 in the rear of my 89 sb 4x4 comanche. My new dana 35 is out of a cherokee.

Here are my questions..

Where did you get your perches? I want the weld on ones.

Was spring wrap a problem? How did you fix it, if it was?

What did you do for shock mounts?

Pics would be awesome.....

Thanks guys

Dana 35 eh? what gear ratio? what size tires are you planning to run?

My perches are nothing special and the only wheel hop I've experienced was on a real long full-throttle gravel-ly uphill climb. I have added a second main leaf to my packs.

don't under any circumstance remove the big overload leaf. it goes a long way towards controlling 'wrap and doesn't inhibit travel. :thumbsup:

when i did my soa i used a ford 9 inch rear end. i used the perches that were on the axle cut them off and moved them to fit . when i got it running it did have axle wrap and hop bad in sand. i went to tractor supply and bought some tractor turnbuckles and some cold roll steel rods and made braces.

i actually made mine kinda short because i only grabbed 1 rod instead of 2 and i live so far from the store iwasnt going back. it worked though so it was all good.

when i soa my yj i used the bought perches from a 4x4 shop and welded them on didnt have any axle wrap with the yj. i think the lightweight of the mj bed makes you hope and wrap alot.

Dana 35 eh? what gear ratio? what size tires are you planning to run?

My perches are nothing special and the only wheel hop I've experienced was on a real long full-throttle gravel-ly uphill climb. I have added a second main leaf to my packs.

don't under any circumstance remove the big overload leaf. it goes a long way towards controlling 'wrap and doesn't inhibit travel. :thumbsup:

I have 4.10s with just a 30 or 31 tire. 95% on road with maybe just a hunting trail or so.

that's a lot of lift for only 31s. sure you need that much?

how much lift do you think I will have with a soa and stock sb 89 4x4 leafs?

5-6.5 inches depending on the condition of the leafs and the perch used.

follow up question, why are you contemplating that much lift?

that's a lot of lift for only 31s. sure you need that much?

how much lift do you think I will have with a soa and stock sb 89 4x4 leafs?

5-6.5 inches depending on the condition of the leafs and the perch used.

follow up question, why are you contemplating that much lift?

Because I didnt want to use lift blocks.

lift blocks in an SUA configuration will lower your truck, not raise it. :thumbsup: blocks were never in the cards.

given any thought to a 3" lift with full lift packs?

got a budget for everything yet? also, how much freeway travel will the truck be doing?

lift blocks in an SUA configuration will lower your truck, not raise it. :thumbsup: blocks were never in the cards.

given any thought to a 3" lift with full lift packs?

got a budget for everything yet? also, how much freeway travel will the truck be doing?

Round trip to work and back 35miles. Plus a trip or two from Tennessee to Ohio. As far as budget, I have between 3k and

5k to spend on the truck total.