i wanna see bad ass comanches

Don't think this is quite what the definition of tall is but stretchy pants I can do ...

Besides old Chinese wise man say " man who stands too high on toilette ends up drinking muddy water ..." :D

Didn't even disconnect the disco's ...

I doubt that,I had a co worker with a grand sitting on long arms that couldn't flex as far as my MJ.

My Grand flexed a little. Ramp pics before limiting straps...lol.

Reality is past about 700-800 rti its all poser. You don't need much flex if your balanced right and can drive.

Image Not Found

its just my opnion but flex is far from the only thing you want. id rather have traction (locked) than a ton of flex, but I'm not a rock crawler. the mj is looking sweet, and I'm in love with the red wj :drool:

I miss the WJ :wall:

Your right. If I had a rig and could only do 1 mod....it would be lockers.

I would take a stock MJ with stock suspension, 31's, cut to hell fenders, and lockers over a high quality lift, 33's or 35's, and open diffs anyday of the week. (and 31's and lunchbox lockers would cost less than the high end(long arm, no blocks in rear) and 33 to 35's)

its just my opnion but flex is far from the only thing you want. id rather have traction (locked) than a ton of flex, but I'm not a rock crawler. the mj is looking sweet, and I'm in love with the red wj :drool:

I miss the WJ :wall:

Your right. If I had a rig and could only do 1 mod....it would be lockers.

I would take a stock MJ with stock suspension, 31's, cut to hell fenders, and lockers over a high quality lift, 33's or 35's, and open diffs anyday of the week. (and 31's and lunchbox lockers would cost less than the high end(long arm, no blocks in rear) and 33 to 35's)

I have just started the fist phase of the same build. I bought a 2wd MJ, (cheap!) have added 2" front pucks, an XJ front end, and 31" muds. I am now saving money for big boy parts. Meanwhile I will have great fun wheeling it as is till it grows up!

Mines actually done very well with open diffs,I should be doing lockers here soon though.

I picked up a D44 yesterday,now I can do my 4.88s and lockers.

Sweet...

Have you had lockers before in a rig? I remember my first time with a locked rig, it was amazing the difference. It seems like point and shot, till you realize its time for tougher terrain.

Were did you pick up the 44? I made an offer on the one on Portland craigs, but I think the guy thinks he has gold. It was a 44 with Grand disc conversion, open with 3. something gears and he wanted $600!

I had a locker in the rear of my old F-250 but I didn't take it off road much,my last F-150 had a factory limited slip with 31X10.5 MTs,it got around great.

I bought the D44 from a NAXJA member/vendor out of Yakima,he was coming here to pick up some laser work so he dropped it off.

I gave $250 for it,its 3.55/open.I also got some disc brake conversion brackets from him.

I had a locker in the rear of my old F-250 but I didn't take it off road much,my last F-150 had a factory limited slip with 31X10.5 MTs,it got around great.

I bought the D44 from a NAXJA member/vendor out of Yakima,he was coming here to pick up some laser work so he dropped it off.

I gave $250 for it,its 3.55/open.I also got some disc brake conversion brackets from him.

Thats a good deal on a 44!

NO RUST, 134,000 miles, runs strong

6 in rock krawler long arm 3-link lift with 1 in spacer and SOA rear

5 35'' BFG Krawlers

roll bar and interior roll cage with xj buckets and 4 point harness

HD over the knuckle steering and Locked front dana 30 with HD diff cover and loced 8.8 rear w/ disk brakes

Herculined interior, CB radio and aftermarket JVC soundsystem

...Fun as hell little truck

comanche.gif