my '88 freebie

and for the colorado pics...

here's the first days doings jamminz.gif

my buddy and i had some fun just playin around in a field right outside of buckley airforce base where he works. we were there a good portion of the day....left and came back to shoot some vids with his camera instead of my phone

needless to say, we werent able to come back because we lost all use of 4wd :shake: luckily he has locking hubs so we were able to slowly get out in 2wd and drive home. after a while though we noticed the inner shaft was walking its way out of the housing and binding on the outer yoke, causing a lack of steering. we almost veered off the road a few times just trying to turn onto a street because he couldnt cut it tight enough.

so while he was out for his 24 hour shift, i started working on getting the shafts out.

got em out but had to put the outer shaft back in to get the wheel on. he was in the process of moving (or in the process of getting the keys to the new house rather) so we needed the truck in driveable condition. the house was only around the corner

i had to wait til he got back from his shift to finish because he still had the keys, and i needed to turn the wheels to the left to continue :doh: sooo....i walked to the store, got some munchies, and had me a lil smokey and the bandit marathon :popcorn:

after finishing up with the truck the next day, we tackled the next project....putting in a new tranny in his '85 z28. it actually only took us a few hours to pull this off, even while jacking up the car on numerous cinder blocks, on a muddy, icy incline, and laying underneath the car on top of melting ice and mud while the wind is blowing and its below freezing. best day of my trip to do something like that, let me tell ya

there was no time for pics in the process, but it got done and we had her runnin by sundown

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic