auxilary dash guage?

cody4359

seeing as this isnt really technical and I'm not selling it right now i think this goes here :hmm: anyways i was browsin the wreckin yard today and came across this. i woulda grebbed the little box that it plugs into but it was all cracked and brocken from a previouse scavanger. does anybody know how much $$ these go for? also the name of it? thanks

Its a fluid system sentinel, and I'll buy it from you. They were on upper model XJ's namely, Wagoneers. They are pretty rare, and I have never known anyone who has wired one up to work. You would have to grab every sensor, wire, and make your own loom to get it to work in an XJ/MJ that didn't come with one. That would mean drilling, tapping, cutting, welding bungs onto every part it gets a fluid reading from. :ack:

I bought one off of eBay 5 or so years ago for about $20. When I sold everything off, I gave it to the new owner of my MJ, along with a pile of rare parts. Come to find out, that this was one of the items he left in a basement when they moved out of their old house because it had gotten wet. :fs1:

Hornbrod and myself were just talking about this via PM recently, and making one work. While I couldn't get it done right away, I would like to make it work sometime, but that thing is a key item. I would gladly buy it from you, if you decide to sell it. :yes:

Rob L.

i figured it would need all the sensors, this is only the 2nd one ive seen and had to get it lol ill keep you in mind if i go to sell it. do you already have all the sensors and connectors?

I don't have anything unfortunately. I gave everything away the last time I tried to cut ties with my Jeep habit. Never again, I can't cut this addiction. I would like to rig it up to work, even with just a few sensors. I was majorly looking for the part you have, and the box it attaches to. From there, I could look up the sensor part numbers, get them aftermarket, and make my own harness.

Rob L. :(

That really is amazing. So unlike every thing else you can get for a mj off of a cherokee this one can't just be plugged in huh :( to bad. It looks like you gotta try and get this one to work. :D

Brandon

whats with the :( tryin to make me feal guilty lol i can grab that box if u think u can fix it, looked like thae casing was only cracked, not internal damage

The box under the dash would be no good to me unless I had the sentinel itself.

Rob L. ;)

hint hint, i only grabbed it cause it looked cool lol i have no plans on wiring up that thing :) if i sell u this sentinel thingy would you want the cracked box also?

If you could. Let me know how much you would want for your troubles via PM.

Rob L. :cheers:

How does it check brake pads?

Probably uses a brake fluid level sensor.... fluid level is lower when pads are thin due to more fluid left inside the calipers.

I thought of that, but there already seems to be a brake fluid level indicator on the cluster.

How does it check brake pads?
there will be special sensors that go on each axle for pad wear theye are a pain to keep working, i have them on my BMW and they always go pad, the sensors that is

That they do. When the pad gets worn enough they make contact with the rotor is turns on an indicator light. That's how they are supposed to work. Trouble is that when you use metallic pads the generated dust/crud turns the indicator on prematurely. They're useless.

hint hint, i only grabbed it cause it looked cool lol i have no plans on wiring up that thing :) if i sell u this sentinel thingy would you want the cracked box also?

The cracked box is called the interface module; the System Sentry module is called the display module. You need both to have any shot to make the system work.

Got it today! AWESOME!!! Even a registration paper with the VIN, and the owners manual! Awesome! You cut off all the connectors attached, got as many sensors as you could, and they all look great! You gave me one hell of a run at getting this thing to work, much appreciated.

181657_182003591837136_100000824882082_373346_2297741_n.jpg

180784_182003725170456_100000824882082_373347_7020854_n.jpg

180419_182003861837109_100000824882082_373348_4067680_n.jpg

Thank you sir.

Rob L. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: