auxilary dash guage?

cody4359

I'd like to have another set... It would be easier to make work if I had some doubles. Plus, some parts like that blue box I got is pretty smashed up and questionable. I would happily pay you to grab everything, and send it my way.

How much you want? I pay quick.

Rob L. :cheers:

You've tried to get it to work? Ever succeed?

Rob L.

I got a few things to work, sort of. When i pulled the first sentry system i found, i had painter's tape and a pen so i could mark the wires on each side of the firewall before i cut them. So i was able to put everything that went thru the firewall back together in one harness. I put the display module in the dash and made an adapter harness for the clock to work with the '92 wiring (easy enough). I hooked up the control module and ran power to it and left it on my front seat while i messed with the wiring and sensors. The problem i was having was what to do with pin for EN OFF IN, Choke Heater Relay. With that pin grounded, the system would stay on even when the key was in the off position. But I could get the lights to change on the display panel on the float type sensors (washer fluid, brake fluid, etc.) by moving the floats by hand.

That's as far as i got before i pulled my truck apart to get it painted. I had a couple of other ideas since then, but never got around to trying them. I was going to make a hole in a plastic container, put the senor in the hole and dump some oil into it to test the axle, trans and tcase fluid level sensors i have (they are all the same). Maybe instead of grounding the Choke heater relay, i should have used an actual relay to solve that problem.

I've still got a couple of display modules and control boxes and all the wiring and sensors in a box somewhere. If you get stuck somewhere it probably wouldn't take that long to pull it all out and hook everything up to a hobby battery and try a couple of things.

• 2 years later...