leaf springs

So today I finished up putting in the "new" ford 8.8 and rear lift (add a leaf shakles and shocks that came with the RC 4.5" lift). How ever it looks as if I didnt put any lift in on the rear at all :dunno: The guy at the 4x4 shop where I did this at was a bit stunned at this as I was to. He said that it may be that my leafs are sagging due to age? is probable? What should my ride hight be? I think around 25" right? If I do need a new leaf pack I was thinking about going with the hell creek leaf pack. Any thoughts? thanks

Brandon

A set of 4x4 springs should get you a little higher.

I would get the lift done and see how it looks,before buying anything.

Remember the rear is higher then the front stock so it will take less lift in the back to match the front.

Measurements of ride height are based on no load in the bed. I wouldn't expect a rear axle assembly to completely compress the shocks ... but the shocks may not be correctly sized for your (empty) ride height, so it's possible.

Get it home, take ALL the weight out of the back, and then measure. Keep in mind that the 8.8 has a larger axle tube than the Dana 35. If you are still spring-under, that means the spring is farther down from the axle centerline, so by itself the 8.8 actually lowers the ride height slightly.

Ok well I have some more info on this. Today was the first day I got to drive my truck with the new rear end lift and what not. Any ways, The ride felt even worse then when I had the old (very bad) shocks on. The new shocks feel as if they provided any help at all :dunno: I will be going back to the 4x4 place tomarrow and will also find out what my ride hight is tonight (with out any axles in the bed).

Brandon

Ok so I just ordered my new leaf springs off of Hell Creek. I got new leaf's and add a leaf's. Tim was very helpfull. He said that was likely my problem was "old" leaf's. Ill let you know how it all go's. Thanks for the help!

Brandon

If I did spring over then I would be looking at 6 or more " of lift. I would LOVE that If I had not allready bought a lift however right now I have $600 worth of RC 4.5" lift parts. In 2 or so years Ill be looking to go with the SOA when things start to sag like the shocks and springs. I wish I would have looked into it more but hey I'm just a kid I'm trying here lol From now on if some body wants to go with a 4.5" lift I will say GO WITH HELL CREEK!!! lol it would have saved me so much time and even $. Ill post up a few pics here in 2 or so hr's. Ill also update my build tonight. Thanks guys

Brandon

actually now I'm thinking Motion was the way to go. they offer full leaf packs with adjustable LCAs and some other stuff to round it out nicely i thought. i think i had to buy some extra stuff from RC that comes with the Motion kit. i don't know how the quality on their stuff is but you never know till you try it i guess.

and hey I'm a young guy just trying myself. since ive already been down that short path, i figured i could offer some advice. wasnt trying to bust your balls or anything.

can't wait to see those pics man :thumbsup:

Oh and I don't think that I can update my build tonight either :( comp is having problems. But that is how the truck sits as of a few hr's ago. And you can see how the shocks are compressed. and where the tires are rubbing on the tire. I think its rubbing on the frame.

Brandon

i think they sold you a AAL for a cherokee. i got ones just like that with the cherokee kit that comes with the hell creek. i always thought the ones for MJs were long ones. i don't know what you bought from HC but you should of just went on and bought the full leaf 4.5 packs.