My house!

JohnQ

I finally closed on my house July 10! Still don't have any of the land scaping done yet. I need alot of fill dirt around my house and in some of the low spots.

My house was 6 months past schedule. :headpop:

Anyone in TX know of any clean fill dirt thats free or dirt cheap! :D

I don't have a driveway yet either, I'm sure glad all my vehicles are 4x4!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the driveway, just get a load of boulders that are too large for anyone's landscaping.

Boss: Why ere you late to work today, John?

John: Oh, I snapped a u-joint, getting out of my garage. And then I dented a rocker, flopped the Jeepm on the side, and then, I twisted an axle shaft at the end of my driveway.

Boss: ...

John: Yea, my driveway isn't average.

So my neighbors across the street are rich and are getting a swimming pool put in today. The contractors came by and asked if I needed some free dirt. Yeah for me, I ended up with 8 loads of free dirt. Now all I need are about fifty more to finish my landscaping.

I am thinking about leaving a couple loads in piles, just for fun! :D

I couldn't resist, this is how I left my Rubi parked!

Your house looks great. Fill dirt is normally pretty cheap. Around here you can get it delivered for 75 a load, and if you get a nice guy/hauler some will even spread it and grade it for a small few. Gravel for your drive is ussually sold by the ton... right now around 25 bucks plus delivery fee

At least your neighbors now know what they're in for!

Any progress on it?

If they are like mine.. they cringe when they see me hooking up the trailer.... they know when it leaves empty it is coming back with something :nuts:

note: texas... people down south just don't seem to care much bout that sorta thing... unless you're in a RICH neighborhood or apt.s :eek: haha

• 2 weeks later...
Lookin good!

Are you moved in yet, or how long till that happens?

I moved in on July 11th without the landscaping, driveway, patio's, or walkway completed. Everytime it rains my whole family gets to play in the mud and red clay!

They at my house today finally to level out the dirt in my front yard and set up forms for my walkway and driveway. :D

• 2 months later...

I had a BRINKS alarm system installed a couple months back and had and extra sign, so I made this up.

I hope any pieces of crap that ever think about breaking into my house know what it means. NO MERCY! new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif