i found my new MJ,(UPDATED)

well its offical i joined your forum a while back, but now i will be a participating, member. i just got back with my new comanche and here are the details, found it on craigs, drove 2 hrs north of me to get it , in florida, its a 89 with a 5 speed AX 15/ np231/ 4.0 that i found out the old owner had a new factory motor put in at his local jeep dealership, 45,000 miles ago, and i have the payperwork to prove it. he spent $4500. for new motor brain and service the tranny. the frame is perfect the body has zero rot, body has plenty of dents but nothing i can't work with, interior is rough with bench, that i will replace with buckets. i think the only bad thing is it came from the factory with no AC, not sure how much of a projectits goin to be to retro it in .

here is a list of things i will be doin to the MJ as money permits i paid $1700 for this truck i feel like i got a fair deal but let me know what you think,

1 bucket seats

2 AC

3- 4 in lift/ 33 in tires /rims

4- install SYE

5- paint/body work

6-front rear bumpers/winch

i will post as i make progress, and will have plenty of questions

• 4 weeks later...

its goin to be a busy day tomorrow, my lift just came in. 4.5 inch. here are some pics of small progress i made this weekend. i removed the rollbar to fit my new slimline truck box its just 12in wide. put a new stering wheel on the old one was a mess,

Eric

things to come thurs my 15x 8 aluminum wheels will be in .i will have them put on these 31x10.50s for now til i deside what kind of 33s i want.also will be fabricating a CB mount for the roof of the cab i removed the headlinner so i will prob just weld a bracket up there to keep the CB out of the way. more pics to come.

Hey Eric, great buy by the way. Sorry I won't be meeting you for off-roading. Mine is not 4wd and I spent a lot of money on a new paint job a year ago and won't be risking a branch going down the side of it. Saw your add to sell the rollbar on CL. There was someone who posted looking for one about a month ago, did you see it? With black exterior (which looks awesome) are you trying to get the ac asap? I know when mine was out during one summer it really sucked. Take care,

Buck.