Multiple MJ /XJ Questions

I scored a 90 XJ 2 door 5sp donor for my 90 MJ project. I know a bunch, but I also don't know a bunch so...

1. Do XJ 2-door flares fit MJ box? (Look like they should)

2. Anyone have pics of MJ with 2" Chevy drop shackles and 2" pucks with 31's?

3. Are XJ and MJ fuel pumps the same?

4. Are the computers for the auto and 5sp the same?

5. Are the XJ's and MJ's exactly the same cab forward? Steering, cooling, everything? I think they are, just not positive about everything.

6. When swapping the gauge cluster, I understand I'll have to get the oil pressure and temp sending units from the donor. anyone have pics?

7. I'll be swapping the steering columns. Anyone have a how to for getting the key locks out?

I'm starting on it this weekend and the key lock will be the 1st thing I do.

No, they are smaller than an MJs

Betty had a 2" BB and 31s, see sig below

The pumps are the same. But, the metal bracket and tubes inside the tank are different

I am almost positive they are.

5. Are the XJ's and MJ's exactly the same cab forward? Steering, cooling, everything? I think they are, just not positive about everything.

The dash harness is different. You will need to swap some wires to run the taillights and brake lights. See DIY section for a write up

6. When swapping the gauge cluster, I understand I'll have to get the oil pressure and temp sending units from the donor. anyone have pics?

Pics of what?

7. I'll be swapping the steering columns. Anyone have a how to for getting the key locks out?

See the DIY section, I did a write up there on doing just that

1. Don't know. Think they will tho.

2.Thanks for the pics.

3. No. They can be made to work but why? MJ pumps are available.Because I have this Cherokee I'm taking apart. I'm wondering what I am going to pull off of it before junking it.

4. Don't know

5. Yes

6. No

7. Get a Haynes manual.

Thanks for the responses.

No, they are smaller than an MJs

Betty had a 2" BB and 31s, see sig below

The pumps are the same. But, the metal bracket and tubes inside the tank are different

I am almost positive they are.

The dash harness is different. You will need to swap some wires to run the taillights and brake lights. See DIY section for a write up

Pics of what?the sending units and their location. I'll find them, just thought it'd be easier if I had a pic.

See the DIY section, I did a write up there on doing just that

Thanks for the responses!

I just did a the gauge swap. I don't have pics, but the sending units are pretty easy to see. Oil is right by the distributor...It is round about as tall as it is round 1 1/2" or so, tapered at the top with on wire coming out of it.

Water sending unit is surprisingly small. It is also easy to see and get at. It is on the drivers side of the motor and is also one wire. It as at the back of the head, real close to the valve cover. Sticks up about an inch and comes out with a socket. I ordered new sending units from ROck auto and in the middle of ordering my computer froze and when I ordered I ended up getting (and paying) for two sets. They arent that expensive but they came from two different suppliers and they ship priority mail so with shipping it cost me 38.93. I was going to keep the extra set until someone in the club needed them. You can have them for my cost plus what ever it cost me to ship them.

Pete & Geo...Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Shawn... Thanks for the pic. That looks good. Do you have any more showing how those wheels look from front and back with respect to the flares?

I've looked at some of those rims. Those the 15X8 ones off the TJ's?