Hanson Offroad announces MJ Rear Bumper

SuperWade2

• 2 months later...
most of us probably paid 500 dollars for at least one of our MJs!

Not me, I pair $250.00!

I am looking for a bumper myself but an not interested in anything major. My MJ will spend most of it's life round town and highway. don't need towing cap either, have a ram for that.

So turns out I'm leaving for the field :wall: (Marines) from this Thursday until friday of next week. Bad timing for sure. Won't be able to post pictures up until then. If someone else doesn't have it before then it'll be priority to get pictures up when I get back for sure. Sorry to make you wait a little longer!

So turns out I'm leaving for the field :wall: (Marines) from this Thursday until friday of next week. Bad timing for sure. Won't be able to post pictures up until then. If someone else doesn't have it before then it'll be priority to get pictures up when I get back for sure. Sorry to make you wait a little longer!

We can wait.

Thanks for your service. :cheers:

Where you stationed and who are you with? I am a Jarhead too.

Semper Fi

I'm currently at ft leonard wood, mo doing some military police training with the army interestingly enough. I'll be heading to okinawa at the end of may though. The Comanche will be sitting in my dads garage for 3 years until I get back :(. Wife tried to convince me to sell it but I don't have the heart haha.

• 2 weeks later...

As promised. Ended having to come out to panera(yes I was "that guy" on his laptop writing his novel, haha) because internet on base blows hard. The bumper mounts to all existing bumper frame mounts with some additional bracing on the bumper itself. It was a good but tight fit and took a little persuasion to get all the bolts to line up just right. It is very good build quality and really looks good on the truck. By the way, no license plate mount is included, not sure what to do about that yet, oh and neither were those d-rings. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Yea it's pretty nice, and yes it came with just the bumper and bolts, not even any sort of directions although it didn't need them. Worth the money? That's a matter of opinion as is with most aftermarket stuff, and in my opinion I would say yes with a disclaimer that if it were about $100 cheaper it would be a lot more marketable.

I lile it too. I agree with the 100.00 being a better value. My biggest complaint is that I like matching bumpers, front and rear. I guess I just like symetry or balance. Was there any talk of Hanson doing a matching front?

I saw that. The only issus I have is that I don't need whinch provisions etc. My MJ is a DD and won't see anything but maybe a dirt road. I'm looking for something clean and neat, like this new rear they have come up with. smothe, clean, not provisions for whinches, bars etc.

That looks great. I am shocked they have not come up with a tag mount solution. For a premium price the bumper looks to be premium, but its incomplete.

The picture of the backside of the reciever is a bit dark, I am unable to see if there are chain attachment points back there or not. Is there?

Thanks for posting the pictures. Makes me want one even more.