Cup Holder for XJ/MJ console

I did some searching here and at NAXJA and only came across 2 options for the XJ/MJ center console. Of the 2 the consensus seems to to be that the cup holder over the E-brake slot is better:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-Cherokee-New-XJ-Cup-Holder-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3cb26d3f7bQQitemZ260691541883QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_685wt_1165

I've also read that some folks have issues with this cup holder not holding drinks that well. Is this my best option for the factory console??

In my experience, the side mounted cup holder holds drinks better. Sure, its in the passengers leg the whole time, but who cares? The one you linked was nice, but just seemed too shallow to hold anything unless you were on straight road.

My vote would be for the side mount.

Rob L. :D

I bought one before I heard the complaints. Didn't waste my time installing it. It's a joke.

I bought one of these and cut it in half(aprox.) and set in the well of the console. Won't work with the handbrake obviously.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp ... RP2013____

I heard it was small, but after getting it, the real problem is...it's only an inch and a half deep. Won't work in the real world. If you still buy one, you will be pissed for spending the money, I was.

Thanks for the input. I'm keeping the MJ floor mount e-brake so I don't have to worry about having a handle in the way. I'll put my console in and perhaps troll the U-Pull-it looking for a cup holder to put in the storage slot instead. If I don't find anything good the generic one from Advance seems like a good idea. Hard to believe the cup holder was such an obvious afterthought in these trucks...

Thanks for the input. I'm keeping the MJ floor mount e-brake so I don't have to worry about having a handle in the way. I'll put my console in and perhaps troll the U-Pull-it looking for a cup holder to put in the storage slot instead. If I don't find anything good the generic one from Advance seems like a good idea. Hard to believe the cup holder was such an obvious afterthought in these trucks...

pm your address, I'll send you the other half of mine.

I use one of these wedged in the notch in the bench seat. Works great except for super-tall cups which get in the way of reverse.

http://www.amazon.com/Bell-CO51-Octopus-Cup-Holder/dp/B000FW2MC2

Even has enough room in it to hold a handful of small screws or bolts while a cup is in it. I've had an assortment of screws in mine for months with no problem. Makes a handy cellphone/tobacco/receipt/whatever holder when not in use with a beverage.