Is this a good deal?

Found another used car dealer on my locale and a lone Comanche is up for sale worth $3000

It's a 1992 Jeep Comanche I-6 cyl; with mileage of 60,691

Specs I jot down on my notepad:

+ ABS 4-Wheel

Mech:

"Command-Trac" 2-spd part-time (NP231) transfer case,(4) 15" X 6" argent steel wheels w/black hub covers,Dana 35C rear axle,Front stabilizer bar,Pwr front disc/rear drum service brakes,Single exhaust system,Solid axle/coil spring front suspension (spring rate 140 lbs per inch),Solid axle/leaf spring rear suspension (spring rate 130/230 lbs per inch),Steering damper/Hitch

Exterior:

Black fender flares/front air dam,Black front bumper w/black end caps,Black manual left outside mirror,Tinted glass/

Thanks for any info or comments.

looks like OHIO plates

Seller's Notes: North Central Ford 1819 North Central Expressway Richardson, TX . Here's a truck you won't see every day! Please contact the Internet Sales Team at North Central Ford for details or questions concerning this vehicle. We price our vehicles competitively with the intention of offering the best values in Dallas. North Central Ford of Richardson, Texas has served the Dallas area since 1981 with great selection and great customer service and is the premier Dallas, TX Ford dealer. We are located at I-75 and Campbell Road in Richardson, a short drive from Garland, TX, Allen, TX, Plano, TX and Mckinney, TX. Bad credit or good credit, we have relationships with over 30 local and national banks to ensure you get the best financing possible. Interested? Let's Talk! Call sales & ask for Oliver Lindsey, Charles Washington, Kevin Logan or Ken Rozenblum. North Central Ford is the #1 Ford CPO dealer in the D/FW metroplex, & conveniently located on US 75 Central Expressway near the 190 George Bush Turnpike (Exit 26). We look forward to hearing from you!

At the rate used car dealers sell and swap rides, it is probably a legitimate deal.

When I was MJ shopping, I stupidly payed that much for my 92 with 185K miles, 3 accidents on record, no rear bumper, and a power steering hose that leaked like a sieve. When I brought it home and inspected, I found the body was rotted as all get out. Oh well!

I think my truck is more rotted than that one. If the mileage checks out, I would go for it. Its not a stellar deal, but not terrible either.

I wouldnt go for it but maybe then I'm playing devil's advocate :dunno: I understand that fighting rust is one of the hardest things I have ever done with my truck. Down here in FL you would be lucky to sell that truck for $800 let a loan almost 3k :eek: I think you can do better then that. Unless of course its a real 92 then you should go with it :yes: In the end it is your decision

Brandon

so i'm not going to get involved too much on the jeep side. i think 3k for that much rust and the almost impossible ability to stop rust without major sheetmetal replacement, would make me a little shy of it.

but to my more interesting question, tell me about you're audi. i can't make out the pic in you call name to well other than it looks like a nice audi sport paint job. so what is it? is it you're car? i'm a hage audi man and am currently restoring my audi i have had since '88.

just curious. i like to meet audi people. :wavey:

Thanks guys for all your infos. I will take note of them and bring in a friend mechanic to see the Jeep itself.

but to my more interesting question, tell me about you're audi. i can't make out the pic in you call name to well other than it looks like a nice audi sport paint job. so what is it? is it you're car? i'm a hage audi man and am currently restoring my audi i have had since '88.

On my avatar, its not my car, its a Touring version of the 200 whereas I drive a beatup white Audi 200 which is actually my first car when I got to College. I like the Touring Version though, I'm aspiring to get that paint job someday so I can get some respectability for my Audi 200.

Nice, you have an 88. Would love to see pics of it once fully restored. Where mine is not forum worthy yet.

Nice, you have an 88. Would love to see pics of it once fully restored. Where mine is not forum worthy yet.

i bought mine in '88 but it's actually an 84 coupe gt. it's got a great story behind it starting with it being a german car brought across to the states. the paperwork and story are pretty cool. i'm a big audi nut. i may get an audi symbol tattoo.