F 150 springs

bridgestone makes a real nice AT.

I'd probably go with truxus mt's, lot's of people I know with those, they ride nice on the street and do well in the rough stuff.

These are attractively priced and work AWESOME offroad..but will wear fast and once 3/4 worn will SUCK in rain and snow on the street!!!

WAY better off with the BFG, TOYO, Bridgstone AT's!!! All should give you at least a 50'000 mile tire with excellent performance offroad in everything but mud. If mud is what you like get the BFG or Toyo MT's.

CW

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was thinking of geting a set of Super Swamper LTB-Bias tires 31X11.5

has any one used these tires before and where you happy with them? :brows:

you picked one of the fastest wearing tires ive seen. the 34 LTB's on a friends wrangler only managed to last 15k miles and they aint cheap. if you ask me theyre not good for annything.

id reccomend anny bfg tire or the maxxis bighorn radial as they are cheap and last about 50k miles like the bfg's are supposed to do.

note on the mud rovers. they are easy to puncture the side walls, but if your not going annywhere thats got stuff able to puncture a tire then id definetly consider them.

i was thinking of geting a set of Super Swamper LTB-Bias tires 31X11.5

has any one used these tires before and where you happy with them? :brows:

you picked one of the fastest wearing tires ive seen. the 34 LTB's on a friends wrangler only managed to last 15k miles and they aint cheap. if you ask me theyre not good for annything.

id reccomend anny bfg tire or the maxxis bighorn radial as they are cheap and last about 50k miles like the bfg's are supposed to do.

note on the mud rovers. they are easy to puncture the side walls, but if your not going annywhere thats got stuff able to puncture a tire then id definetly consider them.

mmk, thats what my brother said too. so for a street tire maybe. but tellico is just around the corner... and i have already cut one 235 pirelli locally. sooo i think ill stay away.

I see Super Swampers as sucking the royal one if you're planning on going baja.

Also, sidewall strength is still an issue even if you aren't rock crawling, as you're now doing 70 off of the road.

What's your terrain like?

what about the STS all terrain? its supposed to be good in sand. I'm in florida where theyres mostly mud and dry trails. ive never seen them perform but wanna hear from those whove seen them in action.

The STS are an all-terrain and excel in those areas where all-terrains excel; namely sand, snow, pavement, etc. Stay away from the mud and the sidewalls don't have much protection from rocks. I have a set of baby 29 inchers on my 86 that use to be on my sister's TJ.

bringing this thread back up...

the dunlop mud rovers are reputed to have weak sidewalls eh?

what about Khumo MTs... approx the same price.. people seem to get decent (or better) tread life out of them... 140 for a 35x12.50 isnt bad at all.

what do the all knowing on here know about Khumos?

-thanks

sorry guys but i just got power on today from not having it since last thrusday

idk what kind of tires it want i want some thing that looks kind of like the SS LTBs

i can get a set of 245/65R17 but no 17 inch wheels ot put them on

SSR's. radial tsl with decent looks. its not my fav, but still an eye catcher.

i want it to be basicly a streetable pre-runner style truck that will preform like one kind of like this

i wasnt sure about want i wanted it to be like but i want to be able to fly over all the feild style terrain that is around me kind of usless to build a rock crawler when the bigest rock around use i the rock in my drive way

and it is a 2wd truck and don't want to do a 4wd swap

got any pics of the BFGs A/T tires i think they are

i saw some BFGs i Truckin magizine but can't find them any more they were like 116 dollars

here is some pics of the front end lifted

the rear end should be geting lifted in a few days (basically taking out the drop blocks)

Here is a pic of the old style BFG AT's mounted on 15X8 rim with 4" of BS, in 31 X 10.5 X 15 sized:

Here is a shot of the new BFG AT's mounted on 15X7 rims with 3.75" of BS, in 30 x 9.5 x 15 size:

Here is a shot of Super Swamper Trexus MT's, mounted on factory 10 spokes 15X7 with 5.5" of BS W/1/25" spacers, in 31 X 10.5 X 15 size:

Here is a shot of BFG MT's old style, mounted on 15x8 rims W/3.25" of BS, in 33 X 12.5 X 15 size:

Lastly, here is a shot of my current tire. BFG MT's (new style) mounted on the same 15X7 Outlaw II's, in 33 X 10.5 X 15 size:

By the way, your pictures suck because the camera is moving slightly as the exposure is happening (and the exposure time is longer due to the fact that you're taking them inside where there is lesss light). Try setting the camera on something to steady it and the picture will be sharper.