HELLA BRAND LIGHTING

CWLONGSHOT

OK guys, WHERE can I get them LOCALLY????

I KNOW NOT TO MANY OF YOU ARE ACTUALLY LOCAL, BUT THE STORES WE SHOP IN COULD BE THE SAME.

I thought AutoZone's carried them now I only see the Optic's brand. I guess it is technically Hella, just a subsidary company. They are not what I want.

I know I can mail order them from Quadra Tech and have them in a couple days. But I would REALLY like to put them on this week end!!!

I am specfically looking for the Hella 550's and or 500's. Sandras lights on the intrepid are HORRID!!! I put on a set of the fancy ricer styled jobbers, but they are like pee holes in the snow!!I resisted putting anything on it as the body style/bumper dosent lend itself to this and still not look hacked. Well, to heck with it its plain not safe in the rain. looks or not, its getting some good lights before we trade it in. I might as well buy good/better lights as I will remove and reinstall on next JEEP. HER JEEP.

Back to my question, WHERE HAVE YOU SEEN THEM???

CW

rather than turn it into a rallye car have you looked at why the stock lights are horrible?

lenses foggy?

low voltage at the sockets?

I feel its just in their design. Its a 1996 Dodge Intrepid. The lights are very small and funny shaped.

I checked voltages and rewired them with larger wire. No gain in out put.

I have upgraded the bulbs. Minimal gains in out put.

I replaced the assemblys with new. No difference.

I do keep them clean and polish the outer surface. Maintains out put, but no gains.

The rally look is what I really wanted to avoid. But driving home in the rain last night was NOT SAFE!!! We will be getting rid of this car in the very near future.

I will attach the bracketry under the hood maybe to the radiator support and extend it out between the hood and grill then mount the light to that. It won't look great, but it will be funtional and won't screw up the car.

It WILL get her much better lighting.

CW

Here is some pics of what I have...

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

I am going to add two pieces of steel fron the radiator support out and attach the lights there. So I will not have any holes in the front facia when I remove them later.

CW

I tried those blue bulbs you have in my wifes Town & Country a few years ago, they were horrid. If there was something in the road way ahead of you, you could see it, but the road itself was darn near invisible. Went back to good old halogens.

The ones I had were definitly not Sylvanias. Just some cheapies I got from a JU member. They were horrid.

Chrysler definitly went for form instead of function in some of their headlamp designs. I think you should go full ralleye and put a row across the front, and on a roof bar. :D

( Hey, do you do any pistol shooting, or just rifle?)

I do all kinds of shooting. I am a NRA certified instructor in rifle and pistol.

I FOUND THEM!!!!

RPM in Southington CT, has them INSTOCK and for CHEAPER than Quadratech!!!!

For $88 bucks each, $85 Quadratech but NO SHIPPING!!!

One set for the wife and one for me! :D

CW

What an ordeal to get the lights on!!! I had to make up some prety elaborate brackets to make it work!!

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

The front facia is just that..a fasade. no real solid structure to bolt to. So i had to run it way back up to the radaitor support then down and arround the ac condensor to the edge of the bumper than weld on tabs to bring it straight out. Works VERY well, looks ok, not quite right but I do not care. As I said it just wasn't safe for the wife before.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Here they are all done. (Accept for final adjustments)

Image Not Found

CW