Project Tough Truck

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Tail Lights Were simple after i found out what wires did what on my truck since the tail lights and just trailer tail lights, made it were running lights are dim red and then brights are for the brakes and the brights flash when i turn the blinker on. and for the third brake light up top i just ran a jumper wire from my brake pedal switch to the bed light switch. this comes in really handy since i don't have reverse lights i flip on the bed light switch and all 3 LED brake lights light up making it really easy to see.

My Tail Lights Were simple after i found out what wires did what on my truck since the tail lights and just trailer tail lights, made it were running lights are dim red and then brights are for the brakes and the brights flash when i turn the blinker on. and for the third brake light up top i just ran a jumper wire from my brake pedal switch to the bed light switch. this comes in really handy since i don't have reverse lights i flip on the bed light switch and all 3 LED brake lights light up making it really easy to see.

So you used a DMM on the wires for the tail lights? I have 8 wires for 1 side, and the LED light only has 3 wires. Will be fun.

Ok There Are a lot of Wires Back There Be Don't be to scared Its not too bad.

• :???: Buy Extra Fuses
    :???: Cut Out Light bulb Assembly off driver side FIRST
    :???: Find out, and Mark Bake, running, D Blinker, P Blinker, Reverse, Ground wires from cab with tape.
    :???: Now wire your driver light up but leave it hanging your not done with it.
    :???: Cut Out Light Bulb Assembly for passenger side
    :???: do a continuity on each wire running from the driver to passenger side and mark them with tape
    :???: then wire it in the same way you did the driver side.

Wiring With NO Reverse LIke my truck is set up

Wiring With Reverse lights

Some May make and extra bulb just for reverse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...