project 1988 Pioneer My first project

i didnt like bush wackers at first,

but if you have the right color scheme they work out great,

seen an unlimited today, didnt even put the bush wackers on right, infact,

about 6 inches of fender was infront of the grill o_O

hmmm well I'm planning to paint my mj dark blue so should bush wackers look good on dark blue? :dunno:

sorry for :hijack:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm well I'm planning to paint my mj dark blue so should bush wackers look good on dark blue? :dunno:

it is cool about the hijack, i think that with dark blue the black won't contrast enough, i would also be a little concerned about the tire rubbing with 35s or 36s but that is just my .02

it is cool about the hijack, i think that with dark blue the black won't contrast enough, i would also be a little concerned about the tire rubbing with 35s or 36s but that is just my .02

alright good, :thumbsup:

hmmm well not very dark just more like cosmos blue? I like blue on black. IMO

yea I'm concerned too but will try trim the fender like there some DIY of how to trimming the fender also will add some bump stop. I'm already lifted 6" with long arm.

they are not rubbing at all yet, unfortunately i haven't had time to go and flex the suspension all the way out. as for the two tone look i like the flat black look personally but that is me... Now a small update on the jeep, i took it to town!; it is the first time it has been on the road since i acquired it last February, i took it to town to get it aligned at a local shop. After making the fifteen minute drive to the shop they pulled it in to do there very AWESOME laser alignment but they couldn't sadly because the jeep needs ball joints and u joints before they will touch it so i have a set of ball joints on order so the jeep sits until they arrive :(

balljoint.jpg

they are not rubbing at all yet, unfortunately i haven't had time to go and flex the suspension all the way out. as for the two tone look i like the flat black look personally but that is me... Now a small update on the jeep, i took it to town!; it is the first time it has been on the road since i acquired it last February, i took it to town to get it aligned at a local shop. After making the fifteen minute drive to the shop they pulled it in to do there very AWESOME laser alignment but they couldn't sadly because the jeep needs ball joints and u joints before they will touch it so i have a set of ball joints on order so the jeep sits until they arrive :(

balljoint.jpg

oh good, hmm yea I like flat black look too :thumbsup:

also sorry :hijack: again, i just hear that those flares are brittle. Is that true? sorry to bring it up :dunno:

flat/tubes flares are recommend than those pocket flares as I heard.

also sorry :hijack: again, i just hear that those flares are brittle. Is that true? sorry to bring it up :dunno:

well the bushwackers are plastic they are very strong they seem to add strength to the entire area where they are mounted they also have the ability to flex if need be i have seen pictures of tires stuffed into them and the tire spinning and instead of destroying the plastic they just pull out of there mounting points

well the bushwackers are plastic they are very strong they seem to add strength to the entire area where they are mounted they also have the ability to flex if need be i have seen pictures of tires stuffed into them and the tire spinning and instead of destroying the plastic they just pull out of there mounting points

hmmm alright I gotta see bushwacker in action somehow.

um sorry i don't have any other pictures sorry but i basically cut the brackets off the buckets and bench and set them at a height I liked and spot welded them together and then added some braces.

since I will have the shafts out of the front axle i couldn't resist buying this

even though I ordered this 3 days later it got here first, I am still waiting on ball joints :(

So I wait...

um sorry i don't have any other pictures sorry but i basically cut the brackets off the buckets and bench and set them at a height I liked and spot welded them together and then added some braces.

since I will have the shafts out of the front axle i couldn't resist buying this

even though I ordered this 3 days later it got here first, I am still waiting on ball joints :(

So I wait...

never heard about spartan locker. is it good compare with detriot that I'm planning to get

never heard about spartan locker. is it good compare with detriot that I'm planning to get

it is a lunchbox locker just like aussie or lockrite

so not quite as good as a true detroit but good enough :thumbsup:

interesting haha lets see how it going after installed

well I decided to mount a set of fog lights that I picked up for ten dollars at a local swap meet in September they are valued at $60 so $10 dollars was a heck of a deal

they still need to be aligned but they look good i also mounted my center counsel

:fs1: I am still waiting on ball joints

• 2 weeks later...

the sliders seem great I'm thinking about doing the same thing on mine but without the tubing

very good job on the joop paint

my YJ has the same color scheem olive drab with flat black accents ( no f*cking chrome for me)

I also just ordered my set of bushwacker how hard were they to install ??

the sliders seem great I'm thinking about doing the same thing on mine but without the tubing

very good job on the joop paint

my YJ has the same color scheem olive drab with flat black accents ( no f*cking chrome for me)

I also just ordered my set of bushwacker how hard were they to install ??

after the fender trimming the bushwackers go on like cake the trimming isn't hard either just start cutting :clapping:

i had way to much free time today

me like! good job but doesnt those bracket supposed to be little decline? hard to explain from what in my mind.

uh, not entirely sure what you are talking about the frame side brackets will have a plate on the end of the tube and there will be a pinch seem tube also, if more explanation is needed just ask :thumbsup:

well this weekend i finally got my ball joints and installed them

along with u joints and brakes and my locker

then i tried out the locker on a local road that was covered in snow the traction is awesome!!!!!! but it does affect steering unfortunately

more to come later jamminz.gif

then i tried out the locker on a local road that was covered in snow the traction is awesome!!!!!! but it does affect steering unfortunately

more to come later jamminz.gif

if your use to a FWD its normal to have less steering on a RWD but don't worry you'll get use to it jamminz.gif

well I have a problem it is not good it is an addiction

here it is all flexed it is a 94 cherokee it has 31inch trxus mts and a 3inch lift it has been rolled and was all mine for the right price now it is getting parted out the engine and tranny are mine...

with that at my house and my buddy's jeep we had a good time

more to come later :thumbsup: