is it ok to run down trees?

btm24

so last week me and a friend were goin though the woods behind my house looking for somthing to do. well he started to b*@$£ about my truck and how f@#$ed up my rear bumper was(if you look at newer pics its all bent to hell) and how the 4.0 i have in it dosent have enough a$$ to get out of it own way. lets just say this was not making me a very nice person :rant: so he has a 1992 firebird formula which he used to allways brag about how his car was supper fast and nice looking which it was fast but not nice looking. so i didnt understand how he was saying that my truck didnt have enough a$$ because in twice ive raced him on the road from school to my house which became off road, beat him. and this has happened twice so i didnt understand how he could say this :nuts: i do think it has somthing to do with the fact that i was making fun of him because he had recked his car 3 days earlyer and it is now a lost couse. so anyways i go fine i bet you $20 that my truck can do what ever you can think of. so he starts to thank and says being a smart a$$ i beet your truck can't run down 1 of the pine trees. well the's pine trees aint no sapling they are full grown trees. so me looking to show off my truck look around for the smallest tree i can find. well the one i find is about 6" across. so i get lined up get about 20' between me and the tree and... slam back right up into the tree going like 25 30 miles an hr. so now that i have whip lash and i see the trees not rly moving i don't let off the gas till i hear a cracking sound. i go oh $#!& drive pull it into drive and go right as the tree cracks and falls to the ground. :clapping: lets just say i was a very happy person when i saw this. my bumper has like no marks just kinda a round spot where the tree was :doh: i get my $20 and shut him up :banana: talk about a job well done. :rotf: now come tuesday i get a new rear bumper and its like nothing ever happened :thumbsup: sry no pics of when it happened and you can't rly notice where the tree was on my bumper because of how bent up it allready is. but now i can say our trucks can run down a hole tree and keep going :banana:

(don't try this at home :fool: )

That tree spent it's entire life growing to get to where it was , just to be ruined, killed by some immature individual who couldn't take a little ribbing from a 'friend' Shame, shame, I think the biggest tree I ever took down was a 10 incher. Used a J20 on it.

That tree spent it's entire life growing to get to where it was , just to be ruined, killed by some immature individual who couldn't take a little ribbing from a 'friend' Shame, shame, I think the biggest tree I ever took down was a 10 incher. Used a J20 on it.

i cut it up and it will be used as fire wood :D so its life was spent well. and wow 10" that must have hurt

And here I thought you were trying to fix your truck up and then gonna take good care of it. Dude, don't let you buddies talk you into stupid crap that can potentially tear up what you've worked hard to make nice. Its not like their gonna pay for what you break or even help you fix it. All their gonna do is laugh leaving you with a wrecked or broken truck and the expenses of repairing it. Your lucky you didn't do more damage to it. :shake:

Yeah, I know the bumper was already bent but what if you had wrapped the tail gate around that tree. Bet you wouldn't be laughing about that.

BTW ..... in case you haven't noticed, parts for our trucks are getting harder to find by the day. That in itself is enough reason not to senselessly destroy any.

true but it did make a great story and this happened a month ago. i know i should have done it and yeah any other time i would have but i have a new bumper waiting for me at a friends house. and yeah i could have screwed up bad its a one time thing. u gotta admit it was a good story :cheers: maybe ?

Brandon

true but it did make a great story and this happened a month ago. i know i should have done it and yeah any other time i would have but i have a new bumper waiting for me at a friends house. and yeah i could have screwed up bad its a one time thing. u gotta admit it was a good story :cheers: maybe ?

Brandon

Not really. Pretty immature. Especially the needless take down of a tree.

I'd have told my buddy to go fly a kite if he tried getting me to do that stuff.

Rob L.

In the South East a lot of the trees are what's called trash trees. No good for lumber, just firewood and pulp mills. Knocking one down just for the heck of it is immature, but then that's why we're all young at one time in our lives. To have a little fun and do something dumb now and then. I'd be more upset about damaging the Jeep than I would the tree.

I am one of the most intelligent persons that I know, but I have never let that stop me from doing dumb things.

:D

Brandon

No, it made a stereotypical immature teenager story.

I don't think anyone here cares about the tree you plowed down. I don't think anyone cares about your bumper. I don't think anyone cares about your whiplash. I don't think anyone cares that your buddy thinks he's faster/better/whatever more than you.

Combine it all together and it makes for the typical BS teenager stuff.

Brandon

No, it made a stereotypical immature teenager story.

I don't think anyone here cares about the tree you plowed down. I don't think anyone cares about your bumper. I don't think anyone cares about your whiplash. I don't think anyone cares that your buddy thinks he's faster/better/whatever more than you.

Combine it all together and it makes for the typical BS teenager stuff.

wow who $#!& in your corn flakes? I'm sorry for telling a story in uh the story part of the forum :shake: some people huh? what ever any ways...

In the South East a lot of the trees are what's called trash trees. No good for lumber, just firewood and pulp mills. Knocking one down just for the heck of it is immature, but then that's why we're all young at one time in our lives. To have a little fun and do something dumb now and then. I'd be more upset about damaging the Jeep than I would the tree.

I am one of the most intelligent persons that I know, but I have never let that stop me from doing dumb things.

:D

Thank you. and yes it rly is just a tree for firewood and thats what it was used for :D

Glad to hear that you only messed up your bumper. I saw a bumper sticker on a jeep that said, Your car may be fast, but I can take your girlfriend places you can't. Sounds like you could have used this line on your buddy.

:bowdown: that is amazing i will make one asap! :yes:

Brandon

btw i get a new bumper tuesday for $20 so ha jamminz.gif

wow who $#!& in your corn flakes? I'm sorry for telling a story in uh the story part of the forum :shake: some people huh? what ever any ways...

I think the only thing that will allow you to see my perspective is time and experience. I just don't think there's any other way around it.

Don't worry, we were all like that at some point, and at that point we all thought we were not like that. I heard the same thing from persons older than myself when I was at that point, and I didn't really believe it until some years later.