stop on red....

88swampedmj

I guess you all don't realize how serious running red lights is :hmm: They put them lights there to prevent ppl from running the lights and causing what could be fatal accidents. As for ppl getting rearended while stopping for the yellow light.. In the State of VA if you get rearended.. not matter what the driver who hit the other driver is responsible, even if you were stopped and pushed into the car in front of you :brows: They way to prevent this is to drive defensively. Keep in mind what you can loose if you are involved in a bad accident soapbox.gif

I guess you all don't realize how serious running red lights is :hmm: They put them lights there to prevent ppl from running the lights and causing what could be fatal accidents. As for ppl getting rearended while stopping for the yellow light.. In the State of VA if you get rearended.. not matter what the driver who hit the other driver is responsible, even if you were stopped and pushed into the car in front of you :brows: They way to prevent this is to drive defensively. Keep in mind what you can loose if you are involved in a bad accident soapbox.gif

I don't even go through yellows, which everyone else seems to. Just seems a little strange, since, in OR at least, to be given a speeding ticket, you have to be able to watch the cop clock you.

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason here in hte state of VA.. they don't allow Red light cameras.. even at intersections where there have been a couple od deaths caused by ppl running them. Here ius the ironic thing... they have speeder vans they set-up along the interstate to catch speeders, but not to stop ppl killing others at the stop lights.

Yesterday I went to the city :eek: (Hampton and Newport News) and I can't tell you how many times I seen ppl run blatant red lights cause they were in a hurry :rant: Then they tailgate you and drive aggressively thinking this is going to cause you to go faster :???: I ussually go slower in that situation.. or turn on my winshield washer and make sure they get a nice bath :teehee: The best is when they swerve in and out of traffic and you pass them cause they were in to big of a hurry to see what traffic was doing ahead of them soapbox.gif

I had some A-hole pass me coming out of my subdivision this morning on my way to work. It's a 2-lane entranceway, speed limit is 30 mph, and he decided to go around me (in heavy fog, no less) on the shoulder on the passenger side. I gave him the horn, he gave me the finger. I followed him down to the local Wawa and stepped out to have a few words with him, and a county PD cruiser rolled over to see what the problem was :D Funny how quiet some people get when the po-po is around....

Jeff

I had the same thing happen to me last night. Rural 2 lane highway, no reason to be going 70.

I was cruising along at 55, little white car comes up fast, rides my @$$.

Mind you, I've got a gigantic steel bumper at about her head level, and I'm on 34's. I could care less if she rear ended me.

I downshifted to 3rd and slowed down to 45, after I got to the double yellow of course :).

She got angry, passed me on the double yellow going over a blind hill and sped away.

Only to get behind another car a half mile ahead of me that was slowing down for the 35 MPH zone we were about to enter going into town.

So tell me, was 5 seconds of time worth risking her life for with a stupid maneuver to get around me?

What about risking someone else's life if she hit them head on doing 70?

Some people are just stupid, I do my best to avoid them on the highway.

There was a local woman on the news who got rear ended because as soon as the light turned yellow she slammed on her brakes because she knew there was a camera and was so afraid to get a ticket she stopped without considering the guy on her tail.

They said that T bone accidents are down at intersections with a camera, but rear-endings are up just as much.

Those cameras piss me off- it's too freaking big brother, and you can't even discuss it. There's just that pic and no info about what happened immediately before it.

Have some fun, rent the same color car someone you hate drives and steal their license plate in the middle of the night. Go cruise a camera light or two, bolt the plate back on when you're done and turn in the rental. They won't have a leg to stand on.

iam with ya on that hatin cameras business.. since i got that ticket ive been sooo scared of those lights... yesterday morning comin to work.. as i was comin up to the light it turned orange iam not in for another ticket so of course i slammed on my brakes...guess where i ended up...the middle of the ****** intersection just like what woulda happened if i tried to stop the first time... i was not happy the rest of the day... iam thinkin of emailing or calling the city and explaining to them what a F***tard idea those cameras are..or to atleast make the orange one a little longer..

so what was the verdict... were your lights on or off?

oh lol sorry,

i think they were off it was light enough out to be able to see ok without em so i left em off

and once again.... I HATE RED LIGHT CAMERAS...its a stupid idea in my mind.. just as was said above now iam afraid of those lights so i involunatrily slam on my brakes when i see yellow... :mad: and they just put another one in..so i have to go through 3 on my way to and from work...every second worrying if its gonna suddenly change and ill be slammed again....but what ive noticed lately is that if iam comin up goin 40 (which is the limit) if iam about 40ft or so back i can make it...i know for sure i can't stop or ill be in the middle of the intersection like yesterday morning... but iam still freaked when it turns yellow

and yea that first pic is awesome haha i have it on my myspace haha

yeah, i was driving my truck once and headed for a light doing 45 (the speed limit) when it turned yellowTHENRED (note the fact i leave no spaces.)

it was the fastest light, i thought about stopping... but there was NO way. had to run it. my baby doesnt like to stop from 45-0 in less than 50 ft.

yeah, i was driving my truck once and headed for a light doing 45 (the speed limit) when it turned yellowTHENRED (note the fact i leave no spaces.)

it was the fastest light, i thought about stopping... but there was NO way. had to run it. my baby doesnt like to stop from 45-0 in less than 50 ft.

exactly...but try explaining that to some jerk cop or the city.....they really don't care... they only want your money

I guess you all don't realize how serious running red lights is

No one questions the ability of these cameras to stop people from running red lights - its a matter of government involvment that gets peoples hackles up.

Here in DE (same as Virginia as a matter of fact - do your own research) you can be sued for stopping short and causing an accident. I've been sued for this very thing. And to make matters worse, in my state you have no recourse to a camera citation - you are automatically guilty with no option to appeal - that's tax collection, not law enforcement.

Do a little research and you'll discover that these cameras are now being used in Texas and Ohio for speeding and Washington and Salisbury MD for driver identifcation (ie the use of facial recognition to ID drivers operating cars on a suspended license.)

So where does it end?

Given the choice no terrorist can hold a candle to the fear and control Big Borther can inflict.

Some cities diliberately slowed down the time of the yellow light after ticket revenue began declining. Offically NHTSA says there should be 1 second for every 10mph of speed limit (55mph zone should have a 5.5 second yellow.) Washington DC dropped some of its lights down to 2 seconds resulting in about 5000 more citations per yer - per camera.

Very profitably little bastages...

Do a little research and you'll discover that these cameras are now being used in Texas and Ohio for speeding and Washington and Salisbury MD for driver identifcation (ie the use of facial recognition to ID drivers operating cars on a suspended license.)

So where does it end?

Given the choice no terrorist can hold a candle to the fear and control Big Borther can inflict.

HOLY BEJESUS... thats absolutely REDICULOUS

i think whoever approved that one will soon find themselves out of office.

whoever thought up and voted for this i won't vote for... it sucks that they jerk us around for money.. then we have to suffer the consequences of the ticket and other stuff that could result of this "yellow light" time delays.. i live in texas and it sucks now... and yea iam more afraid of driving to work than being bombed by terrorists..