wheel spacers

buddy208

Spidertrax is the only way to go when it comes to Jeep spacers.

Check on ebay, they often list blems on there for cheaper.

I had a set on my ZJ, which has since moved over to my MJ. I am WELL acquainted with the company and havent found many other companies that are as good to deal with or have such high quality and service standards. Get the Spidertrax spacers and you will not be sorry.

I will see if I can find some of the pics from when one of those shims caused my lug nuts to strip off after hitting a pothole and my wheel separated from the axle. I used the smallest one I could get away with, but it didnt matter.

don't cheap out on spacers!

I used to run the Rugged Ridge adapters on mine, which were essentially spacers that converted the lug pattern. I didn't have a single issue with them behind 36x13 IROK's. Spidertrax is also good but I only have experience with Rugged Ridge.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I will see if I can find some of the pics from when one of those shims caused my lug nuts to strip off after hitting a pothole and my wheel separated from the axle. I used the smallest one I could get away with, but it didnt matter.

don't cheap out on spacers!

Shims=Bad, Spacers=Good :waving:

• 6 months later...

i have like 1/4 in spacers on all 4 wheels on my truck and have had no problems. but i really want to get real spacers because of my upgraded steering system cuz i can't turn all the way to the left with my 03 liberty steel 16 inch wheels.

You can get a brand new set of steelies with less backspace than stockers for like $40 more than a set of spacers will run ya, and you won't have to worry about all the inherent problems that can be associated with running spacers.

• 9 months later...
Make the rear wheels sit the same relative to the fenders as the front. Added stability. Keeping wheels out of inside wheel well under flex. ...

As nice as the rear tires sitting even with the front will look thats a bad reason to do it. Rear wheels that are inset havr an advantage over non due to the rear wheels not following the same complete line as the front. My 89 ramcharger would go twice as far in a 4 ft mud put with near bald tires as my buddies who did just what u were saying. I also went threw snow better that way since my drive wheels werent completely hitting the packed surface my front tires made

Make the rear wheels sit the same relative to the fenders as the front. Added stability. Keeping wheels out of inside wheel well under flex. ...

As nice as the rear tires sitting even with the front will look thats a bad reason to do it. Rear wheels that are inset havr an advantage over non due to the rear wheels not following the same complete line as the front. My 89 ramcharger would go twice as far in a 4 ft mud put with near bald tires as my buddies who did just what u were saying. I also went threw snow better that way since my drive wheels werent completely hitting the packed surface my front tires made

BUT:

The Comanche front axle is the same width as the rear axle, so stock they DO follow the same complete line. They are inset because the body is wider in the back than it is in the front. So the wheel spacers make them sit out more, which according to your logic makes it better.

BUT:

The Comanche front axle is the same width as the rear axle, so stock they DO follow the same complete line. They are inset because the body is wider in the back than it is in the front. So the wheel spacers make them sit out more, which according to your logic makes it better.

Touche. Did not no that. New things learned every day! :thumbsup: