Grampa's MJ with a little attitude (pics)

I'm finished my MJ ( well for now). I just got new tires and put the cap back on for the winter. I found it on a used car lot, originaly a 2wd, 5sp with 58.585 miles on it. Now 4wd, AW4, D44 rear, Detroit, HP30 with tru track 456's,. I tried to keep the factory look but with some attitude.What do you think?

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

tp://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f156/mjtj/IM000838.jpg[/img]

LOOKS SUPER!!!

I also LOVE the factory ruby rims on MJ's!!!

BTW, I see you moved your rear shocks WAY up and on top of the axle. Where did you put the top of the shock mount?

I mounted mine about centered on the axle tubes and they are too short. I need longer shocks as well. I will be making up a new top mount and tipping the tops in to the center so I can get a longer one in there.

CW

The top still mounts in the factory location. I cut out the lower ubolt-shock mount to fit over the spring pack, and then used a XJ ubolt pad on top of that. Some day I will weld mounts on the axle to get longer shocks. You might be able to see it better in this pic. Image Not Found

Some old guy traded it in for a new Dodge. As for the lift, I had a trailmaster 4" lift from an XJ that I once had. The axles and tires were the only things I spent some cash on the rest came from doner Cherokee's.