Advance Adapters, HUGE shout out

mjeff87

Guys, I gotta plug AA after a recent purchase experience I had with them. Probably the most out-freakin'-standing customer service I've ever experienced in as long as I can remember. These guys are top notch, and I recommend them to anyone.

I won't get too specific, but I ordered up a SS braided hydraulic clutch line setup from them to replace the POS factory plastic hard line contraption on my new external slave AX15 I put in the MJ awhile back. I screwed up and assumed that a certain adapter part came with the line, and when it showed up on my porch I didn't have all the parts I needed to install correctly. Called AA and explained the situation, and they sent me out the additional part I needed at a very discounted price along with reduced shipping charges.

That's not all......as I was talking with the AA tech I realized the part I needed for my application could be one of two different parts and I wasn't exactly sure which one I needed. Tech said he would research it and ship out the correct part I needed. When I got the second shipment, he ended up shipping me BOTH pieces (at no additional cost) so I was sure I ended up with exactly what I needed.

I can say no more......I called them and thanked them, and offered to ship whichever part I didn't need back to them on my dime so they didn't loose any profit. They said to keep it and see if anyone else I know might need it somewhere down the line, and it was no big deal.

I know cost-wise it isn't a "big deal", but I was flat out floored by the service level of this company. My wife and I just recently made some fairly large purchases of furniture for the new house, and have been nothing but frustrated by the service level we've received from the three different furniture companies we've been dealing with. It is so refreshing to deal with a company sooooo different on a totally unrealated purchase......I can't speak enough positive about AA.

No, I'm not getting any kickbacks or freebies from AA.....I just want to pimp GOOD businessses when I see them. :USAflag:

Jeff

Always good to hear a happy ending. I am sure the company appreciates it. I have always gone out of my way to pump up a good transaction/experience I have had. I even went as far as to call back my cable company, and speak to the manager about how pleased I was with the operator.

I have always heard good things about AA, but through friends of friends... But its nice to hear it from a member.

Rob L.

I worked for a mid-size company in MA repairing lawn equipment, dirt bikes, atvs, etc... I was always very nice to customers and always tried to help them out rather than screw them like most other places.. In return I had several happy customers call my boss and tell them how pleased they were with me! Long story short my second week there I received a $200 a week raise in salary and a $350 bonus every month.

I haven't installed the parts yet, thanks to my injured foot :fs1: Hopefully I'll get the stitches out next Friday and will be able to resume wrenching and will post install pics when I do.

I ordered the 716130TJH 60" braided stainless hydraulic line (don't order the 48" one.....it's too short): http://advanceadapters.com/product/2356 ... tting.html

Where I screwed up was, if you look at that pic it shows that the line has two end fittings (one for the slave and one for the master). It actually only comes with the slave-end fitting, so I had to order the additional fitting for the master cylinder. Problem is that there are two different ones depending on if the master is a TJ or a YJ/XJ one. That's where the good guys at AA ended up sending me both, just to make sure I got the one I needed. Here's the two different ones, you can see the diameter where the o-ring fits is different:

YJ/XJ #716130: http://advanceadapters.com/product/2349 ... ngler.html

TJ only #716130TJ: http://advanceadapters.com/product/2354 ... ngler.html

It depends on what style master cylinder you have as to which fitting you're gonna need. Slave cylinders are the same regardless of vehicle.

Jeff

x2 on their customer service. i had my rear pinion nut on the t-case loosen up about a year after my sye install. It tore apart the speedo sleeve on the output shaft. One quick phone call and he had everything I needed, plus a few extra parts, including a new speedo gear (that are discontinued at the dealer) to get my speedo working again. They were all at my porch about 14 hours after my phone call.

X3 - they have always been extremely generous with their knowledge and materials with me. I also had them tell me to hold onto the spare pilot bushings that they had sent; they were more concerned in helping me solve my problem! They are a fantastic company and I will be ordering again from them soon.