My $2000 bucket seats.

mfpdm

Well since Jeff shared his mis-fortune with us I figured I'd pass this along. A few weeks back I was out at the JY and was having a great day. Founds some nice things and the best one was a set of two door seats.

Wheeled my haul out to the TJ and started loading it up. Was putting the last bucket into the back of the TJ when it felt like someone stuck me in the back with a sword. I couldn't move for about 5 minutes. I finally could stand back up and figured I just pinched something. I lifted the bucket again and threw it in the Jeep when I got the sensation again. I crawled to the drivers door were I took another 5 to 10 minutes to lift myself into my lifted TJ. Went home, took some advil and laid down in bed. Woke up a couple hours later and couldn't get out of bed. Long story short, I screwed up my back, couldn't walk for two days and have been going to the chiropractor every day since. So all in all, my nice buckets cost me so far around 2 grand with all the doctor visits. :shake:

I did finally get the buckets out of my TJ and cleaned up.

(insert smiley taken vicodin and valium here) :cheers:

I had the same thing happen to me , of all places in a stinking elevator . At the bottom with that little jolt , sent a sharp pain right up my back almost completely paralyzed me .

The people in the elevator started looking at me like I was having convulsions of a rehabilitated crack head ..... :beerhead:

Most expensive elevator ride I've ever taken . :shake:

Same thing here. Last time I was in bed for 2 weeks. Then walked with a cane for a week. Dr finally ordered an MRI, they told me everything I didnt want to hear. Since mid march it still hurts everyday. I am refusing the cortizone shots tho and will try a chiro and PT.

I had the same thing happen to me , of all places in a stinking elevator . At the bottom with that little jolt , sent a sharp pain right up my back almost completely paralyzed me .

The people in the elevator started looking at me like I was having convulsions of a rehabilitated crack head ..... :beerhead:

Most expensive elevator ride I've ever taken . :shake:

That's the one. :eek: Worst of it was no one was around to even ask for help. I almost called my son on the phone to come and get me. Thank god for my oh $#!& straps or I'd never been able to pull myself up into the Jeep.

Dr finally ordered an MRI, they told me everything I didnt want to hear.

Probably the same story I got. They said your getting old and that you been hard on your back all your life and now your paying for it. :yes: Or was it your paying me for it.

:cheers:

Good thing is your going to be good with a little help from the chyro. , I'll never go to a regular doctor again for my bones , they wanted a 20k dollar surgery and I probably

wouldn't have been on my feet for weeks if not months . So far , five years of no pain . :cheers:

Oh' and the seats look good . :yes:

nice seats, but i think you paid a little to much :yes:

I don't even need seats. Was just picking them up to offer up on here. I hate to see tilt forward seats get crushed if they are in salvageable condition. I'll recoupe some of it when I post them in the classifieds. :D

:cheers:

Bummer man. :( That's up there with my $5000 birdhouse. Thank goodness I still had decent health coverage back then. Although I always felt if it took 5 grand to put my hand back together (sneezed and ended up shaking hands with the table saw), the dang thing should be stronger than before, not weaker. I figured I should have gotten some sort of hidden knife, a super kung-foo grip, or maybe I could fire it off as a grappling hook. :dunno: Or maybe I've just watched too much James Bond. :yes:

Can't top that, but I have a 3000 dollar (at least, I never added up the bills that came AFTER I got to that number) dana 30 LCA mount. Wear your safety goggles while using the angle grinder, guys!

:ack: :doh:

Recently I ate the most expensive sandwhich ever, a roughly $5000 Rueben. Had an accident while making it where a co-worker's knife had a fight with my hand. The knife won in the end.

Good luck and I hope everything gets better before to long.