What do we do in this situation? (Abandon cars in our mud!)

MjPioneer

Long story short me and a few friends went wheelin yesterday on a local trail we often go to. Ussauly there is nothing going on in that area as it's a good mile in any direction to a road/house. We have never seen anyone else down there so its a great place to wheel, yesterday as we were going down into a mud hole we stumbled upon a burnt out BMW in the middle of the mud. Now I've seen my far share of abandon cars out in the woods before but this one is a little diffrent. It wasn't there about a week ago when I went down the same trail and it still appears to have plates on it. The exp tags were either removed or burnt in the fire.

Should we report the car? More then likely it's stolen, or do we just leave it? If we report it I feel our spot will be ruined, but at the same time I don't think it's right to just let it sit.

Another note there are about 12 cars on this trail that are in similar condition, but they have always been their since I first started wheelin here 5 years ago. Including a few cars that were pushed into the old quary out there. I'll try to get more pictures of them for you guys.

Best picture I have of it, didn't feel like walking through mud.

We can be back there, but we're afraid that this will bring to much attention to the spot and they will close it up. They did the same thing to a similar location we could be at. After a few problems they fenced it all off.

I would still report it. Or have the vin ran at least, and go from there. I mean, lost wheeling spot or not, if that was your car, you would want to know where it is, and what happened to it. Or, if it was someone's stupid way to get rid of a car that they didn't want, they can be held responsible for the mess.

Rob L.

I know it would suk to loose your wheeling spot, but think of the poor bastards who's cars where stolen, driven out there and trashed. That's quite likely what and where these cars came from.

CALL THE AUTHORITIES!

CW

Many of the vehicles I helped the Irish State Police and Military recover were burned out cars stashed in remote places. Some had weapons in them, some had bodies in them. Report it.

Agreed, especially with JeepcoMJ.

Hope you really do have the right to be back there - if it's private property, and you have permission from the owner to be there, I don't think there is much that can be done to shut the place down. However, the owner needs to report that vehicle, or you do, or someone does. Burnt out vehicles abandoned = crime.

Excellent.

Well, guess it's out of your hands now... the wheels of justice turn slowly if at all :dunno:

You wouldn't happen to drive a black (or darkish) MJ with a plow frame on the front, would you? If so I think I spotted you driving south on US-1 in Foxboro just south of the stadium a few weeks ago. If you saw a white mostly-stock SWB MJ going the other way, that was me :wavey: