Need some CC input .....

DJM/78

I finally decided to throw another iron in the fire , I've been thinking of some designs for a Comanche pin , tie tacks and rings , hell I can make anything so I guess I'm at a loss

for where to start . I need some input on designs ( pics or print please) . I would have thrown some designs up already but I haven't figured out how to cut , copy , past from

my CAD program .

I'll be making the first set of molds out of silver , If anything this is out of personal satisfaction that I own a Jeep Comanche ring .... :yes:

All comments welcome and taken into consideration , I've even made a Ferrari belt buckle out of solid Silver quite a few years back , so nothing is out of the ordinary .

Most of my designs start from chicken scratch on paper , so what'ya got ?

I'm no good on computers so I'm a little slow.... :dunce:

I forgot to say that all RD on these designs will be FREE of charge for labor and costs to CC members .

The only cost will be material and parts cost .

I'm thinking of starting the small pins at 25.00 $

Larger more elaborate designs may have more cost with material .

I sure do Pete , I've been working on uploading some old pics of Harley rings that I made last year .

I haven't made any Jeep stuff in a looooonnnnggg time , so I want to make some designs that are more updated to todays modern styles .

Plain designs that are functional and simple . Like the " MJ " , pin or badge . Pretty much anything that you guys want .

Rated

I just wanted some input of what the guys ( and maybe a gal or two ) might be interested in as a design or type of piece . I will throw some pics up as soon as I get my

" TECHY " friend over here to help me with these uploads .

Thats one of the designs I'm going after , mostly from the design of the CC truck , I actually scanned the magnet that Pete gave us , so we'll se how that turns out .

I know , :needpics:

Personaly I don't wear jewelry, except occasionally a wrist watch. Mostly just a carry over saftey habit from working around high voltage and machinery. I would be interested in key fob(s).

I have Ceramic material now a days , mostly in rings and watches now but in the last couple of years more and more product is becoming available .

High grade ceramics are almost as hard as tungsten steel , lighter than titanium and holds 0 conductivity . Pretty much an old NASA material that they found a market niche for .

The re-atomization of this material is actually higher than a Diamond . Sorry , little bit too much techy there .

Personaly I don't wear jewelry, except occasionally a wrist watch. Mostly just a carry over saftey habit from working around high voltage and machinery. I would be interested in key fob(s).

I have Ceramic material now a days , mostly in rings and watches now but in the last couple of years more and more product is becoming available .

High grade ceramics are almost as hard as tungsten steel , lighter than titanium and holds 0 conductivity . Pretty much an old NASA material that they found a market niche for .

The re-atomization of this material is actually higher than a Diamond . Sorry , little bit too much techy there .

Ceramic would be cool, but I love my aerospace grade Titanium wedding band. CAN YOU SAY 180,000 PSI TENSILE STRENGTH BROTHER!!!! (in my best wrestler voice)

Ceramic would be cool, but I love my aerospace grade Titanium wedding band. CAN YOU SAY 180,000 PSI TENSILE STRENGTH BROTHER!!!! (in my best wrestler voice)

Yeah , I heard the " Hulk " comin' through there . :clapping:

Yes Titanium in higher grade alloys are superior to most but the surface hardness is actually softer than most steels but the weight and metal memory is unsurpassed , not

to mention a built in Hypo-allergenic property . This is a set of pics of a ceramic and titanium ring . Titanium was inlayed with carbon fiber .

I'm still working on the Jeep designs , I should have them done in a couple of days .

Sure I'm still working on CAD for the MJ stuff but here are a couple of things I've always liked :

A sharks tooth pendant I made that weighed over an ounce of solid gold .

An Eternity ring I hand forged from Palladium and Gold :

I've got thousands of pics of stuff on a hard drive , I'm still trying to find them .

Just a thought, why restrict to just Comanche images?

It would probably be pretty easy to create jewelry with the old AMC logo on them. They're just simple geometric shapes.

There's a sample logo at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Motors

Note: I'm not a lawyer, so I'm not familiar with all of the copyright/trademark laws involved with reproducing a logo of a company which no longer exists. You may want to consult a legal adviser first.

Just a thought, why restrict to just Comanche images?

It would probably be pretty easy to create jewelry with the old AMC logo on them. They're just simple geometric shapes.

There's a sample logo at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Motors

Note: I'm not a lawyer, so I'm not familiar with all of the copyright/trademark laws involved with reproducing a logo of a company which no longer exists. You may want to consult a legal adviser first.

Exactly, I've made or should I say ( found ) :yes: Designs that have copyright laws , but that doesn't stop the shops selling fake Gucci handbags and Rolex's made in China .

I'm not selling this as a profitable product for the masses but as a gift to the Comanche Nation , I've been through all this before with Harley Davidson , their product control

is one of the worst , they would rather sell their costumers ( who have money ) Mexican and Chinese mass produced crap than offer them a high quality piece of merchandise

their customers would be proud to own . I know because my Dad and I made our own ..er I mean ... found our own .. :shake:

Needless to say I've been FINDING designs of HD stuff for years . So maybe I'll FIND an AMC design somewhere ... :D

I'm working on designs now but the prices will probably start at 30.00 US and up depending on cost of materials and production costs . Most of the rings will be like 45-55.00 .

I'll have some designs up soon . :thumbsup:

Really cool interesting work Dave! Must be really intricate to put all the small pieces together, and make it look right. Not to mention it can't be easy working with delicate, and expensive, precious metals and stones.

Rob L. :cheers:

Really cool interesting work Dave! Must be really intricate to put all the small pieces together, and make it look right. Not to mention it can't be easy working with delicate, and expensive, precious metals and stones.

Rob L. :cheers:

Thank you Rob , Allot of people think its a white collar job but its more like a blacksmith trade , dirty , greasy and expensive to learn . Its allot like being a welder except on a micro scale . The working of metal is very similar

at a whole so things like forging , casting , shaping and forming are all similar practices in my trade . Most of wich is still done by hand the old way ( Hammer and Anvil ) the way it always has been done .

Newer practices like " Lost wax " casting wich the Romans invented are more widely used in Jewelry fabrication now a days . I still cold forge everything I can for strength and durability .

I don't wear very many pieces but my wedding ring but whatever I make is designed to last period . I wear my ring doing everything from welding , working on my truck , wrenching a motorcycle or installing tile in our house

I'm pretty much a Jack of all master of one ... ;)