Another MJ noob- Incommando's '88

I just got an '88 SWB with a 4.0/auto/231 drivetrain. The score is it has a D44 rear. I am not able to post pics right now bt it is probably cleaner than average.

The bummer is that although the PO just put in a new waterpump, t-stat & housing, hoses, rear main seal, etc... he left the header panel, headlights, bumper, etc.. off. It is all there, but it is a pile of parts and a box of fasteners. :fs1:

Same with the interior. :fs1:

Any good resources for putting this back together? Maybe pics on what should go on first to make my life a little easier?

My goals are to go with a 4.5" lift and some 235/85/16's ( roughly 32x9...I have the rims). Unfortunately the D44 has trac-loc, so a lunch-box locker is not an easy option.

Previous jeeps: '45 CJ2 w/swapped in 225 '65 CJ5 '70 Commando 225 V6 '72 Commando 304/auto 79 CJ5 304 '79 Cherokee Chief 360/T18/D20 '80 N/T Cherokee '84 CJ7 and the current ride: '05 KJ 3.7/6spd/241J with an aussie in the back on 2.5" lift and 245/75/16 MT/R's.

Due to currently going through a divorce (after 27 years together), my only 'net access is at work and access to photobucket, etc... is blocked.

I have 3 photo's that the P.O. sent me prior to the sale if someone wants to post them. I could email them. I have taken none since I got it, and the roll bar is not in yet. :help:

• 5 weeks later...

Welcome to the club and sorry about the divorce. Don't let yourself get married to the mj! Looks like you have great experience with jeeps, the mj sickness runs a little deeper, fyi.

is picturetrail.com blocked? they have a free-host version too.

i just got internet at home today and will be able to access my photobucket again. Thanks for the suggestion though

the jeeps are kind of a nice diversion from thee deevorce. I have always had jeeps and gravitate to the unusual ones, like commandos.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...