Leaky Coolant Pressure bottle.... Aftermarket options?

Well i had noticed over the past few months that my pressure bottle had been seeping a bit and today when i popped the hood i noticed a good amount of coolant around the area so its time to replace the bottle before it totally fails. Anyway are there any aftermarket options out there like aluminum 1s? If not ill see what i can get through Advance or hit up a scrap yard.

If you have 1 laying around thats in decent shape and wouldent mind parting with it throw me an offer as well.

Thanks! jamminz.gif

best/cheapest option is a mid-nineties, mid-size Mopar bottle. Different shape requires removing the OEM bottle and mounting bracket to install it, but it has a REAL radiator cap on it and an overflow line if the pressure gets too high. Pull it with all the hoses and its a piece of cake to install. It's also made of really heavy duty nylon so it won't split.

Moroso offers a couple of aluminum surge tanks. Two sizes, two styles of filler neck (two stamped, two machined). Nice units, and that's what I run.

More recently, someone came out with an aluminum flat surge tank that is specifically made to replace the plastic XJ/MJ tank. It has been written up here multiple times and a search should get you a link to it. If it had been available when I did mine I would have chosen it over the Moroso, but the Moroso is a few bucks cheaper. At this point, I have three of the Moroso tanks so I don't need the other one.

$122 ??

For that plus $75 you could convert the rig to an open cooling system with a new radiator and never worry about a "pressure bottle" again.

But with that surge tank you have all the benefits of the open system, none of the headaches of figuring out how to control the auxiliary fan, and you DON'T spend that $75. Why spend $75 you don't have to on a conversion that accomplishes nothing? The newer radiators are exactly the same size and they don't cool any better than the "closed" system radiators.

$122 ??

For that plus $75 you could convert the rig to an open cooling system with a new radiator and never worry about a "pressure bottle" again.

I just put one of these in my '90, I LOVE it! Now I run just below the 210° mark with no coolant smell in the cab. I plan on putting one in my '89 very soon and the '88 gets one eventually.