Project Killpig

Well I was changing the plugs and wires today, and I got to the #3 plug and it was in there tight. I eventually broke it loose,but it also broke the sparkplug. Here's the post in the tech section:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23283

Before all this I got a pair of these from O'Reilly's:

I also dug up my old 13 ball I've been lugging around my military career fo the last 9 or so years:

Should make a cool shift knob.

I did get a tach installed last night as well:

And my buddy came over yesterday with his buffer and some rubbing compound. I also used a flap disc on the angle grinder to clean up some of the flaking paint and rust. Then I used rust converting primer on it:

Thanks for looking.

The wheel was $32 and the adater kit was $25 at O'Reilly's. Not sure what kind f auto parts stores you guys got up north. Crappy thing is I don't have tilt and the smaller diameter wheel blocks my view of the speedo now........ Not that big a deal, I guess.

I bought the same steering wheel for my CJ7. I really like it. Quadratech sells a chrome horn button that says "Jeep" I kind of liked the look with the all black wheel. I forgot to put that piece of tin foil around the center of the wheel and it took a while before I figured out why my horn didn't work. That powder coat isn't a very good conductor.

Mac...

OK so now that I have defeated the spark plug (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23283), I will post up the other stuff that I had been doing while waiting for these like PB blaster to take effect..........

I pulled the interior.

From the passenger side:

Passenger side holes:

Driver's side:

Driver's Side hole:

Rear of cab:

Seat bracket studs are good, but seat bracket needs to be fixed or replaced.

I also did the cut and fold in the rear fenders to get a little bit more clearance.

I started this by removing these four inner mud flaps:

Then I set to wire wheeling the inside of the fenderwells. I also used rust-converting primer on some of the bare/rusty spots in there. The brown is just old undercoating It was still black- the lighting is just wierd I guess. I figured leave the stuff that is sticking alone- more is better image_209027.gif :

Next I used a cutoff wheel on my angle grinder to radius cut the wheel well. You obviously want to cut in between the pinch welds... Some of my cuts were too long- damned grinder jumped on me:

Here is an idea of how much more clearance you can get- I had already trimmed the wheel wells a bit:

I then beat the notches in with a small ball peen hammer and a three pound sledge:

I used a flap disc on the anglegrinder to sand down the chipped areas of the paint. I followed that with some primer and undercoated the entire wheel well and lip on the wheel well:

If I could do this mod again, I would have used body sealer before primer and undercoat. I listened to the guy at the auto parts store when he told me "oh undercoat will be thick enough". Lesson learned. I'm not too worried- eventually I will either tub the wels out or remove the bed altogether.

Also started a small tool box from an ammo can from work:

Not sure if I want to mount it in the bed permanently or make it a grab and go affair. I sanded it down to bare metal with the wire wheel and prmered it black. It got too dark for a good pic so I'll take one tomorrow to letyou see ow it came out.......

Have fun and be safe. Thanks for looking!

Well the weather was kinda crappy today, so all really did was drill out the broken rivet on the seat bracket and bolt it back together with a grade 8 bolt. I put the seat back in (I'll be buying a new seat soon!), and replaced my beat up tailgate with a net. I also finished the 13 ball shift knob.

I'll get a photo of that later. Still needs some refinement.....

I did get these in the mail today:

Brand new from Edelbrock for $175 guys...... Get some if you are keeping your 2.8L.........

I need to do the front brakes and istall the longer brake lines (front and rear), put in the rear aal from Hell Creek, mount a shift boot from some small foriegn pick up in the JY, clean the floor pan up (probably won't patch the holes until after deployment :( ). Also gonna change the diff fluids as well as the trans and tcase fluids.

Not too shabby. Kinda band-aiding an amputation with the headers on a 2.8L... But I am in agreement with not replacing it with the crappy stock manifolds since the headers are so cheap. Good find!

Rob L. :cheers:

Those should fit the 3.4 that you'll be installing in a few months. :D

Haha- sounds good. I'm gonna have to do a motor swap on both- think the Wartoad will get the swap first while the Killpig puts me around. All that is about a year off though.