Front clip

Will late model XJ front sheet metal bolt onto my '86. Has anyone done it?

I was thinking of using the whole front clip since my grille/radiator support is busted and the fenders are bashed.

The FSJs are interchangable but require some work to get it done. All the grille assemblies are the same dimension but the mounting points are different. I was just wondering if it is the same with the XJ/MJ.

yes you can use late model XJ front clips and fenders. if you are doing the 97+ front clip it is better to use those fenders anyways since they have a slightly different shape that will blend the 97 clip into your 86 MJ. but you will still have to get the rad support for what ever engine you have since the 86 rads were farther back in the bay then the 4.0 rads. but just like all the SJs there might be some moddin required.

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

nope can't be done, this is my 86 with a 2000 clip. The hood is my stock hood. The only thing I had to do to make it fit was cut 2 knotches out of the header panel for the rad support to clear. Very easy to do. I pulled 2 clips off (the 2000 and mine) and put this one on in 3 hours. I have a newer limited bumper to put on as well to finish the look.