Round headlight conversions for MJ/ XJ

dasbulliwagen

1 hour ago, watchamakalit said:

It's a history\tradition thing.

As a CJ owner I must agree real jeeps have round headlights.  But my MJ won't be getting butchered for roundies. They are only cool on an MJ if you have one round and one square.

I'm a big fan of the YJ as well, I think it's the sharpest of the Wrangler designs.

There are some great round headlights Jeeps too, if love to have an FC or a flat fender.

On 1/17/2024 at 5:50 PM, pizzaman09 said:

The first one reminds me of the weird generation Toyota FJ55 Land cruiser.  The second has a Lada Nieva look to it and the final one is very much early Range Rover.

I'm not sure why anyone would want round headlights on a Jeep....

You are obviously not old enough to have been around when Jeep first introduced rectangular headlights. The outcry from the Jeep community was deafening. Why do you suppose the Wrangler went from rectangular headlights on the YJ back to round headlights on the TJ?

18 hours ago, Eagle said:

You are obviously not old enough to have been around when Jeep first introduced rectangular headlights. The outcry from the Jeep community was deafening. Why do you suppose the Wrangler went from rectangular headlights on the YJ back to round headlights on the TJ?

I aware that there was an outcry over the square headlights.  I personally like the grill on the YJ, it's very clean with a nice kink I. The middle for style.