Eliminator Sticker Measurement?

Bob, What I did was shoot it with a digital camera, then retrace 'by hand' in illustrator. What I need to do is scan it (in sections) with one of scanners kicking around in the basement. The digital cameras all seem to bend reality and it makes the tapered lines tough to nail down. know how to attack it now. I can pick up just about any color, so that part is not as important while creating the art.

"So........ya think we'll see the Pioneer decals any time soon"

You know, I recreated a good chunk of that sticker already. It's a little more challenging, but I can pull it off if I pulled these things off!

So.......it was not as easy as just coping the OEM one I sent you :dunno:

Before you get too far on them, what can you do for the color??? Can you make the 2 tone color, or would it be just one color?? And what color??

Maybe we need a little input here on whom would like a set of the Pioneer decals :hmm:

Any one interested in Pioneer Decals?????

Sound off__________

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spencer........totally understand :yes:

Yes, I know the OEM decal I sent you was in kind of rough shape, but I bet you would look like that too if you had been rolled up in a box for 20 years too :ack:

I check out you "add" on the eliminator decals, and color wise, that sound good for the Pioneer decals too.......trying to keep it simple for you too. Oh, and with you adding the tailgate decal...........Great Idea :thumbsup:

Now......we just need to know what the potential would be for these Pioneer decals.

Back when I sent you that sample, there were a couple others interested, I know one person is no longer in the market, cause his MJ is sitting in my fleet now :roll: I guest that just adds to the quantity I would need :D

Keep us posted on any updates, and like I posted before.........who else wants the Pioneer decals?????

:D I never thought these would come to be!!!! Also, I just noticed Spencer is in CT, so I'm breaking out the credit card. Now the hard part is deciding if I want silver or grey tailgate letters. Oh, and since I'm a big fan of these trucks, Ill be ordering pioneer decals if they get made, just in case another truck follows me home.

Also, I'm assuming by looking at the pics that charcoal/silver was the factory stripe combo, not black/silver. Just wanted to make sure I order the more "factory" of the 2 options.

OK Mike looks like it'll be you and I one weekend in the future. Yes we are two chickens but at least we''ll be two chickens with four hands for the job. :cheers:

Just let me know when you're ready.

And Spencer, count me in on the Pioneer stripes, even if they do end up hanging on the wall for 2+ years. :doh:

I'm kind of like Fiat and Joe - a chicken, but for a different reason. In order to put the Elim decals on, I have to pull off the red vinyl swoop thing already there and I'm chicken to see if there is any paint fade. The decal has been on the truck since 03 when it was last repainted, but it has always been garaged and I'm thinkin' it should be okay, but ?? What y'all body shop guys think? I'm really wanting to put these Elim decals on. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm kind of like Fiat and Joe - a chicken, but for a different reason. In order to put the Elim decals on, I have to pull off the red vinyl swoop thing already there and I'm chicken to see if there is any paint fade. The decal has been on the truck since 03 when it was last repainted, but it has always been garaged and I'm thinkin' it should be okay, but ?? What y'all body shop guys think? I'm really wanting to put these Elim decals on. :cheers:

Aside from my other reasons for being a chicken, I wanted to save these stickers for when I get my truck repainted to the rare "black cherry" color a few years from now. I have some door dings on the drivers side (actually door dents) and my 90 and earlier "Eliminator" stickers have been on my truck since 07. I could then do the ultimate "chicken out" and have the shop install them. ;)

Spencer;

I too would be interested in a set of these Elim decals. The 91-92 Eliminator models were available in both the long and short bed models, see the pic below. Can you make the two per side bed decals long enough to fit the LWB MJs also since they have to be trimmed anyhow?

looks like I will be repainting the old girl now that I can get the decals Thanks again Spencer

• 1 month later...

If only I had known about this before I sold my truck... oh well, stickers wouldn't have fixed the missing floors I guess. But I now need to order a set or two for when I get a new Eliminator down the road.

Those things look awesome, great job Spence. :cheers:

Your truck looks great as it is. I like tha stripes. I say leave um and add ELIMINATOR like tha 88-89 has on tha bed side just above um. Your stripes would enhance ELIMINATOR by giving it an underlined effect. I'd put it so ELIMINATOR and or the "R" was even with the tip of your bottom stripe.

My 2 cents.

I've asked Spense to send me some scraps of the actual decal colors first just to see how it shows up on my silver truck. It might be invisible. :eek:

Thanks JACKED88. That's a good idea and a lot easier too, but I'd prefer the HO Elim decals if they show well on the silver. :D Wish I had the skills to draw them on with PhotoShop.

Image Not Found

He has two sets, plus you could custom order your own. The ones he offers are Black/Silver and Metallic Charcoal/Silver.

Which would you like to see on your truck Don? Maybe I can work some photoshop magic for ya.

Here ya go Don, just did this kind of quick so its not the best but might give you an idea. Couldn't find a very clear/hi quality pic of a truck with the stripes so cleaned em up the best I could without making a project out of this. If I come across some better stripes I could redo it. Went with Charcoal/Silver because I think that would look the best out of the two base kits he offers unless you order custom. And that's what I would want if I had a silver truck I think. If you want to see Black/Silver or whatever let me know. :cheers:

Image Not Found

Looking at it though I would think the silver might be too close to what yours is. Maybe if you custom ordered some Black/Metallic Charcoal... or maybe some Metallic Black/Metallic Charcoal. Yea, that second combo might look pretty slick. :chillin:

Great work - short time Alex. :D How you do dat? I like it w/o the red swoosh and it looks much cleaner. I think now since I've seen your work, if the top stripe was black and the bottom was in charcoal as you suggest, (metallic each, not sure of the difference?) it would be golden. Your rendering has been a great help man. :bowdown: Now to see if Spense can create it. :D

Great work - short time Alex. :D How you do dat? I like it w/o the red swoosh and it looks much cleaner. I think now since I've seen your work, if the top stripe was black and the bottom was in charcoal, it would be golden. Your rendering has been a great help man. :cheers: Now to see if Spense can create it. :D

Get it done Don! Let me know... I have a famous '92 Hunter green Elim that needs some stripes once it gets painted.

Rob L. :cheers:

I hate to sidetrack this thread even further.....

but I was looking at my MJ today wondering how 'E L I M I N A T O R' would look in the late model Cherokee script/font (someone has already done the 'COMANCHE' in it).

You KNOW that, if by some miracle Jeep had continued to make Comanche's after the 97' redesign, they would have still offered the Eliminator package,

I'm just wondering how it would have looked. :brows:

I'm picturing either similar to the older style placement ('ELIMINATOR' in the new font, above the body crease of the bed),

or die cut out of a bumble bee stripe behind the back wheels.

Any other idea's on what a 2001 Eliminator would have looked like? jamminz.gif

Image Not Found

Looking at it though I would think the silver might be too close to what yours is. Maybe if you custom ordered some Black/Metallic Charcoal... or maybe some Metallic Black/Metallic Charcoal. Yea, that second combo might look pretty slick. :chillin:

X2 on Black/Metallic Charcoal,

something to really bring the chrome even more. :yes:

I hate to sidetrack this thread even further.....

but I was looking at my MJ today wondering how 'E L I M I N A T O R' would look in the late model Cherokee script/font (someone has already done the 'COMANCHE' in it).

You KNOW that, if by some miracle Jeep had continued to make Comanche's after the 97' redesign, they would have still offered the Eliminator package,

I'm just wondering how it would have looked. :brows:

I'm picturing either similar to the older style placement ('ELIMINATOR' in the new font, above the body crease of the bed),

or die cut out of a bumble bee stripe behind the back wheels.

Any other idea's on what a 2001 Eliminator would have looked like? jamminz.gif

Jim, that requires speculation that makes my head hurt. But since you specified 2001, the XJ wasn't changed all that much except after 97 to subtle out the square look by rounding of some sharp corners on the front end end and tailgate. We all know the new front end looks great on an MJ, and I think if the MJ was continued (minus the the Dak) Mopar would follow the XJ design with a more rounded rear end including a tailgate recessed handle/lock design. I think a bumble bee stripe behind the back wheels as you suggest would look great on an MJ like this, providing Mopar redesigned the rear end / tail lamp contours, maybe even using the XJ tail lamps to save $$.

Thanks JACKED88. That's a good idea and a lot easier too, but I'd prefer the HO Elim decals if they show well on the silver. :D Wish I had the skills to draw them on with PhotoShop.

Yeah, thats perfect!!!. :thumbsup: You already have a great looking truck and I think the design you already have highlights it perfectly. I understand wantin to go with the original design but there's something to be said about having a one of a kind. Its your truck so naturally you can do as you like but I don't think the original design in black and gray is gonna highlight it like what you have now.

My truck has its original gray paint. When I'm ready to paint it, I'm gonna paint it gray again and possibly do tha same stripe design except probably a little narrower and starting the stripes at the bottom just behind the front wheel well. (I don't have side moldings) Thinkin that'll make it look like the front wheels are kinda throwing tha stripes up tha sides.

Havent decided on a stripe color but I know it won't be bla lookin black or gray. Your red looks great on tha silver but I'm thinkin something a little darker like a wine or maroon color on what will be a darker gray than what your silver is. It'll be a while before paint start flyin so I've got plenty of time to decide.

Good luck on your decision. I'm sure it'll still look great with whatever design you end up with.