Comanche SRT8 WK

dasbulliwagen

I could say so much about this, but I'm going to zip it.

I couldn't choose which way I wanted to go..... so instead I just... went both ways. 8)

Being versatile is the best thing

Err, something you need to come clean about there 500? :eek:

:peek:

Ford resurrected the Mustang, Chevy the Camaro, Chrysler the Challenger, etc., but made it leaner and meaner. COMANCHE'S TIME! It needs to cause those who know the Comanche to say "looks like a comanche". Personally, this one doesn't. My version would closely resemble the Comanche with some rounded body lines with 4x2 or 4x4, I-6 or V8 (maybe a couple of versions), 5 speed or auto, two or three exterior options, and some interior options. I would go plain exterior with a V8 5speed 4x2. Yea, I know, a street jeep, but I can't afford 4 wheeling!

I could say so much about this, but I'm going to zip it.

I couldn't choose which way I wanted to go..... so instead I just... went both ways. 8)

Being versatile is the best thing

Err, something you need to come clean about there 500? :eek:

:peek:

Great stuff....never thought this would turn out to be a coming out of the closet thread!! :yes:

no no, it's in there. I swear. :yes: just touch the screen to pop the hood and you'll find a 2.8 inside. I was going to photoshop in a 3.0, but I've got more photos of a 2.8 to work with. :D

Search for the mercedes with the bluetec, you'll find more source material to work with.

I just got done with Chrysler level 3 Diesel training, and from what they were saying in class, the 2.8 is a much better engine than the 3.0 v6. They say that the 3.0 injectors like to let carbon past the injector seals and literally cement themselves into the cylinder heads after a while! You could attach a cherry picker to one of the injectors and lift the whole engine before the injector would come out of the head.... and the complexity of that engine is just ridiculous! For a chrysler tech there is no rebuilding of this engine.... only complete replacement! AT $25,000 for a long block too. Mercedes build them for $4000, sells them to Chyrsler for $16,000, and Chrysler sells them for $25,000... Thats called Matrix pricing! The 2.8 is an actual industrial engine, more reliable, and much less complicated and (relatively) inexpensive.

I just got done with Chrysler level 3 Diesel training, and from what they were saying in class, the 2.8 is a much better engine than the 3.0 v6. They say that the 3.0 injectors like to let carbon past the injector seals and literally cement themselves into the cylinder heads after a while! You could attach a cherry picker to one of the injectors and lift the whole engine before the injector would come out of the head.... and the complexity of that engine is just ridiculous! For a chrysler tech there is no rebuilding of this engine.... only complete replacement! AT $25,000 for a long block too. Mercedes build them for $4000, sells them to Chyrsler for $16,000, and Chrysler sells them for $25,000... Thats called Matrix pricing! The 2.8 is an actual industrial engine, more reliable, and much less complicated and (relatively) inexpensive.

who taught that class, Frank Dixon?

who taught that class, Frank Dixon?

I'm horrible with peoples names, so I really didnt pay attention to his name, but it does sound familiar. Training was in Charlotte, NC on tuesday and wednesday this week.

Franks is early 50's, tall and balding. Was it the fuel class or the engine mechanical? That 3.0 is crazy complex. Although it IS a sweet running motor.

That sounds like him... diesel fuels class...great guy...tons of experience... one of those walking encyclopedia guys whos been there and done that... TWICE, and can back up whatever he says... the kinda guy you like to keep around to bail you out of shiznit!