replacing cracked coolant bottle

You might find one in the JY, but don't count on it. After all, it is 20 year old plastic. I see them show up on Ebay occasionally. Qpen-closed system? Thats pretty much personal choice. I can argue pro or con on the subject. I have actually took a piece of 8" PVC and made one for a '73 International 2 1/2 ton.

If you get a new aftermarket one make sure to try the cap on it before you install it,ive seen a few new ones that had sealing issues causing them to boil over.

my XJ had an aftermarket one when i got it and i had nothing but problems out of it,i found a good OEM one at the JY and havent had an issue since

Quadratec has direct replacements. That's the way to go on a tight budget. If you have the extra money, IMHO it's better to buy one of the all-metal surge tanks available, either the Moroso model or the newer, flat one that fits right on the shelf in place of the factory plastic bottle.

If you get the Quadratec plastic one, be sure to get a new cap with it. They used to sell the cap with the bottle as an assembly, but I believe they have now split out the cap as a separate part number.

If you get a new plastic one, check the cap height. I have seen one that had a taller cap that caused an interference hit with the hood. It ended up causing overheating as the system wasn't closed anymore.

May have just been that MJ, that hood, that mounting shelf bracket, that new cap........ But I check things now after that incident.

Scott

go to the JY and get a mid-nineties Mopar coolant bottle. It is shaped a bit different and requires removal of the mounting bracket for the OEM bottle. The advantage is that it is made of really heavy duty nylon and has a real quick-lock pressure relieving radiator cap. Get it with all the hoses and it will hook right up....