Land Speed Record Comanche up for auction

FXWorks

For the briefest of moments I was geeked that it's only a 10% deposit required on the day of the auction, then I read the next line that states a $1000 minimum. :fs1:

That's good :D

So, when you get it for $100.......You'll get change back :banana:

I think :hmm: :dunno:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still mad about that. I can't come up with 1500 just in case it sells cheap, but I'm certain I could find it after winning the bid. $150 I can do. a grand is out of reach. :(

I'll still be a bidder. I'm taking my cousin Chris with me and it's $20 bucks either way. I wonder what sort of memorabilia they'll have... :???:

If you would have taken a few of us up on our offer's a few weeks back, you would be in a better stance for this :brows:

Let's see.........3300 members........all of what, 200 really active.........at $20 a piece...... :hmm: Yea, that adds up real fast :D

Then you could have put it in your living room and made COTM in the future :yes:

And if it didn't go.........you could have bought some web space and stickers with the sum to the cause :banana:

I thought about that, but I'd rather not raise a ton of cash on a mere hope that I might be able to buy it. But once it's in private hands, there's always a chance that we could pry it away. :dunno:

I'm back. got lots of photos and even a vid of the MJ auction, but I gotta run to go help a friend who's ford broke down again so I'll upload everything later today. :cheers:

Long story short, I got to meet the new owner (an AMC fan and owner of another MJ) and one of the guys from the original land speed build! Both now know of our little slice of the net and hopefully both will stop by. :yes:

Now that is Good news, that it went to a MJ owner and collector :yes:

At least it didn't end up in some obscure collection, never to be seen again.

Yea, it went for more that what alot of us thought it would go for :(

We all know how bad Pete want this MJ in his living room as a coffee table.

So, hopefully the New owner will drop in to our secret corner of the net and share his new trophy with us :banana: