Instrument Panel lights

Mine don't work. My fuse panel is full of brand new fuses and all. And while on the topic of small stuff like this, where the bloody hell are the speakers? The PO told me the radio didn't work, I pulled it out, but haven't found any speakers in the entire truck! Where are they normally located?

there are six locations for speakers... the dash peice right above the fuse panel and in the same location on the passenger side.. (premium audio package only i think) then the normal ones in the doors where the grills are, then there should be one on either side right behind the seats beneath the seatbelts.

there are six locations for speakers... the dash peice right above the fuse panel and in the same location on the passenger side.. (premium audio package only i think) then the normal ones in the doors where the grills are, then there should be one on either side right behind the seats beneath the seatbelts.

Speakers in the dash? :hmm:

yes. My dash has the grills for them. Tweeters in the lower dash, right by your knee.

most people didnt get them... special option... personally i think the 4 stock 89 ones i have are loud enough!

and for robbie.

yeah if you turn the headlight switch left the dome lights come on, if you turn it right it dimms out the dash lights including stock stereo, speedo, tach, 4wheel shifter, all of that good stuff.

They were in the Limited and Briarwood XJ's.

BTW, when the headlight switch goes bad it will cause the dashlights not to work. Usually, a few twists back and forth will get it working at first. Then slowly that won't work, then its replace the switch.