rear disk brakes

Il'll let ya know in about a month :D I'm swapping discs onto the D44 I got. Like you, I already have all the parts (off a ZJ D44a in the junkyard) except the e-brake cables (which I forgot to get when I was down there this weekend, AGAIN).

I'm gonna swap in a ZJ prop valve, too.

Jeff

I t was easy. Just Get ZJ disc brakes, TJ dana 44 axle retainer plates, redrill calipers retainer plates and backing plates to match flange pattern of you axle. Unless you have a C-clip axle then it should be a direct bolt in. If your have any questions let me know.

An SOA lift varies. On any particular truck, going SOA will result in the truck being 5.5-6" higher than it was previously. But if you buy a front lift that advertises a certain height, the back end may not match the front because the rear height is relative and varies depending on the type of leafs used (2wd are about 1" shorter than 4wd) or how worn out or broken the old leafs are. Another variable is how much weight is in the bed. Some guys wheel with nothing but a spare tire, I have a custom rollbar, heavy bumper, and bring a bunch of spare parts/tools/gas/etc.

Scott, did you use the hardware from a ZJ 35 or 44 with discs to convert your 44?

I figured they would bolt onto the 35 without much difficulty, but that looks sweet!

We had a '98 ZJ for about 5 years and the 35 self destructed. The carrier bearings simply came apart. I saved the 35 that blew up for the disc set up. The ZJ 44 I replaced it with had the same brakes.

BTW...Nice job. 8)

Casey it was a dana 35 out of a 95 zj. The dana 35 on your MJ has a different flange pattern. It is just off a little but you will have to redrill to match the pattern of your axle. Other than that it is easy to do. Check out this link it will show you how its done but that guy took his parts to a machine shop. I just drilled out myself with a drill press.http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Disc_brakes/index.html

• 2 weeks later...