17'' rim with jeep bolt patern

Can't remember if the ZJ's had a 16 in rim or not but TJ's do. You can look at the Ford Mustang, F150, ranger and explorer rims. Also the Mazda B series pickups. They have 16 and 17 inch in several designs. Just make sure to check the backspacing on some of their newer rims.

:cheers:

05 and newer Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum, Charger and Challenger have 17" steel wheels and the cop cars have 18" steel wheels that really arent bad looking if you can find them. The 17", 18", 20" are also available in aluminums, but like the other guy said, check the backspacing, I know that the lugs and the hub centers are right, but I'm not sure about the backspacing. There was a set of 17" steelies sitting here at work for awhile and I put one up to my Comanche parts truck while the wheels were off to just see if it would bolt up but didnt think to look at the inner clearance. I think another employee made them disappear before he quit to put on his Ford Galaxie. Id like to have a set of the 18" cop wheels for my 86 build when and if I ever get around to it...

Keep in mind that Jeep has used many bolt patterns. The Cherokee and Comanche use a 5 x 4-1/2" bolt pattern. For 2000 and 2001, the Cherokee Classic and Limited (and some Liberty models) had 16" rims with the 5 x 4-1/2" pattern. The newer WJ series Grand Cherokees had 17" rims available, but the bolt circle is 5 x 5" so they won't fit a Comanche. Same for the JK Wranglers -- different bolt circle.

Keep in mind that Jeep has used many bolt patterns. The Cherokee and Comanche use a 5 x 4-1/2" bolt pattern. For 2000 and 2001, the Cherokee Classic and Limited (and some Liberty models) had 16" rims with the 5 x 4-1/2" pattern. The newer WJ series Grand Cherokees had 17" rims available, but the bolt circle is 5 x 5" so they won't fit a Comanche. Same for the JK Wranglers -- different bolt circle.

Good info. The 16" rims from the XJ and Liberty that you're speaking of are known as the Icon rims. A decent looking rim, but relatively hard to find.

Good info. The 16" rims from the XJ and Liberty that you're speaking of are known as the Icon rims. A decent looking rim, but relatively hard to find.

Of course, right after I say this, I find three sets in my area. I think I might pick up a set this weekend if they're still around. They should look pretty good on my '88 to '98 MJ conversion.

I used 2007 Ford Explorer 17"x7.5" wheels when I had my 33s on my old truck. They had around five inches of backspacing so I had to use a 2" spacer to make them work. Even with the spacer I never had any issues with unit bearing failure or crazy tire wear. The finish was way too yuppie for the look of the rest of the truck so a little satin black fixed that!

Here's a picture (or at least the best picture I could find of the wheels) of what they look like:

The new Patriots and Compass, caliber have rims that are the right bolt pattern too. and the current libbys and Nitros too.

You're super-duper positive of this? I've heard it both ways and would like to know for sure. :(