Is this a decent deal?

MJ300

Want to put some Rubi wheels on the MJ and found some on jeepforum. The guy wants $500 for five wheels with cooper discoverer s/t on them with about half the tread left. With shipping it would be $695 to my front door.

So half tread cooper discoverer s/t's on 5 Rubicon wheels.....I know it's not a screaming deal, but is it at least a decent deal???

:cheers:

$500 is fair but $695 is a bit much. Let him sit on them for a couple weeks. If he sells them, end of problem. But maybe then he'll at least split shipping with you. It really depends on how bad he wants to sell and you want to buy.

I personnally wouldn't pay that much. If your not in dire need of new tires, wait for a better deal. I've seen them go for half that with near new tires. Check your local craigslist daily and since the weather is getting nice, start looking for yard sales and swap meets.

:cheers:

you also have to consider how many miles a year you put on your tires. how soon will you have to replace them? i always break it down to a per wheel/tire cost in terms of what i'd be willing to pay for just the wheels or tires. that's $100 per wheel and tire before shipping. i think that's a good deal. i look at that deal as $60 per wheel and $40 per tire. rubi/moabs are still pretty popular and i look at jeepforum classifieds almost every day. $250 is about the low end for a set of 5, $400 the high end, wheels only of course. those are nice tires, and 31s too. but shipping puts you at $80/wheel and $60/tire if you follow that approach, and IMO that puts them a little high when i know there will be a lot of more of these available over time. be patient and you'll either find some closer for less shipping cost, or close enough to just go pick up.

I paid $150 for a set of 5 moabs that were partially sand blasted. The guy was going to powder coat them black. Still in the process of getting the primer to lay smooth, but once coated with silver duplicolor wheel paint they will be like new and can be touched up with little work to be like new again.

I think the moabs are the best looking factory wheel jeep ever offered and worth the premium price.