This might be interesting

jimoshel

I just got off the phone talking to a lady about a '86 Comanche with camper shell, runs good $600.

Me;How good does it run?

her;It runs real good. My son drove it back and forth to school.

Me.What motor does it have?

her;Oh, It doesn't have a motor. It's gone.

Me;What transmission does it have?

Her, Oh, It doesn't have a transmission.

Me, Would you be interested in just selling the camper shell?

Her;I can't do that.

Me; Why not?

Her; It's got a motor and transmission in it.

Me.Does it have 4WD?

her;It did until the axle broke.

Me.Would you take $200 for everything?

her.When can you be here?

Don't know whether to take the trailer or the dolly.

Stay tuned for the conclusion. Should be back in a couple hours.

:huh???:

So, let me get this right. It runs good, even though it doesn't have a motor or transmission, but the camper shell does? :nuts: If it has a 'broke' axle like she claims it does, I'd take the trailer to be safe.

Good luck with it, and even if you don't pick it up, grab pics!

Well, it was interesting. Her ol man is in jail for slapping her around. The kid is wanted by the cops and disappeared.She filed for divorce. City an neighbors on her case to clean the yard up. The MJ was stripped, totally, completely. Kid was gonna make a hot rod out of it.Left front fender and front bumper dented. Rest of body straight. No rust, nowhwere. Aluminum Cover, nice shape except hydraulic holds the tail gate open don't work. 350 Chevy and TH350 in bed of MJ. Also in bed was 2 boxes containing Detroit Locker parts. New, never used. A T10 Warner, seems to be OK. couple Holly carbs a couple drive shafts, source unknown. Pile of stuff by the fence. A Jeep 4.0 with AX5 and 231 TC. 2 driveshafts, radiator, looks like everything that was stripped from MJ, Seats, floormats, etc. SOOOOO,,,gave the lady $200, she gave me the title, says 1988, not '86 and I got everything there. Gave 2 guys next door watching $20 to help me load up. IT WAS INTERESTING..Jim

I'd say it was interesting! Some people just :chillin: too much these days, and then get :idea: that they think are good, when in reality they are :nuts: . Enough to make a person :wall: after image_209027.gif until they get :ack: . Sometimes it just takes a good :fool: to get them back to reality.

Good deal on getting it, along with all the extra parts though. Even if you just resell a lot of the extra stuff, you'll come out ahead, as you have a solid MJ to build up.

on the next episode of "as the bar stool turns" what will happen with this mj, will the son running from the law come for it, will the old man get out of jail?. :rotf:

:rotfl2:

Sounds like you got alot of parts for the $$$......

So the next thing is......... :needpics:

Just of the MJ.......No mug shots are needed :roll:

I was about to say that engine couldn't be from the truck as the 4.0 was not offered until 87, but then it turned out to be an 88.

Typo on transmission? Ax-5 does not bolt to a 4.0. Physically impossible. But an AX-15 does, even though an 88 should have the Peugot.

Typo on transmission? Ax-5 does not bolt to a 4.0. Physically impossible. But an AX-15 does, even though an 88 should have the Peugot.

Not a typo. Brain fatigue. I saw it wasn't a B10 and 'assumed.' And we all know what that means. The engine and tranny weren't together. Didn't really look that close to see what's what. Tomorrow's another day. Check things out mor e closely.

Not a typo. Brain fatigue. I saw it wasn't a B10 and 'assumed.' And we all know what that means. The engine and tranny weren't together. Didn't really look that close to see what's what. Tomorrow's another day. Check things out mor e closely.

Brain fatigue again???? I didn't write that, mvusse did :teehee:

Better go get you one hour less sleep tonight :D