Soon to be jobless . . .

AMC-MJ

I got informed Friday that by April 4th they will no longer be needing at work

WONDERFUL !

They said it was year round gig, after snow removal is over they got other guys coming back good old bait and switch to me . . .

At least i got a month's notice i guess, i got 3 city app's ready to be sent in monday morning . . .

Mike

You sure it's not a April Fool's joke :hmm:

Yea, your lucky they gave you notice, alot of guys I know find out Friday morning that they don't need to show up on Monday or any day after that :eek:

Good luck on your job search ;)

Good luck with the city gig... I work for a city, and BELIEVE ME, right now if there is an opening everybody and their brother is trying to get a government job. Not only does that make it hard to stand out, but you also have the problem of all these guys who are grossly over qualified that are applying for these jobs, as they lost theirs. Best have some sort of game plan to make you shine above the rest.

Good luck. :cheers:

Rob L.

I was wrenchin for a construction Co, doing road repair in NM once. I thought I had a permanent gig going so was happy as a s*t eating hound dog. Sat noon after picking up my paycheck I was walking out the door and the boss calls me over and informs me I needn't bother coming in that Night. Losing your job sucks but a notice is much better than none.

I do land scape & lawn care so, I was actually coming into my season . . . Winter is lay off season for me unemployment and plowing going into work when it snows . . .

Thats the crappy part about it !

Mike

I called my old boss:

Me-"what ya got going this summer would want my help i got had"

old boss-"Grass ain't always greener ya know"

Me- "I know and i knew"

Old boss - " it took 3 guys to replace you i can't just fire them to hire you back tho i want to"

Me - "if ya got enough work to add me then keep me in mind but do NOT fire guys to ReHire me"

Old boss"Ok i got some bids in i'll let ya know if i have anything for ya"

I did the walk of shame like a big boy :'( - ;) hope it pays off . . .

Mike

:bowdown: i just got a call to come in tonight for an interview :cheers: From a place i sent my Resume ! took less then 12 hours :dunno:

Good bad ugly its a move forward :smart:

Mike

even governemnt jobs are not the best...I work as a sheriff and last january I was told the county budget went to hell and I had to go. Lucky for me I foundy another county hiring deputies and got picked up quick, I did have to sit on un employment for a month before it was all official though.

Lawn care & snow removal, its a 40 mile around trip drive, but i faith the old Comanche should handle it for long enough to get the K2500 going again . . .

Then the Comanche can go back on Toy/Backup status again, where it'll under go rust repair and painting jamminz.gif

:bowdown: AMC-Comanche :cheers:

Mike