What tires are you running?

I was curious what tires everyone is running? I was thinking about getting some Kumho MT KL71s and was wondering if anyone knows anything about them. Pros? Cons? Better tire for the price? They will be on my daily driver but will see off road use as well. What kind of results have you had with your meats?

I don't have experience with that tire, but Kumho makes a quality product, and if I remember right thats a good looking tire.... http://www.tirerack.com you can read customer reviews on these, I checked and they seem to get pretty good reviews, but it would be best if you read them yourself to make a better decision.

...And I run BFG All Terrains, but mostly just because I got them for free!

Check out the Yokohama Geolanders too, they are a great tire for the money!

I don't have that tire either but i like and run bf kms2 and goodyear mtrs and i like the kms the best they have less roadnoise and wear pretty good for me,plus they have a agressive look and are somewhat cheaper,just rotate them so they wear evenly thats very important . :thumbsup:

Tire rack lists the country of origin of all it's tires,

funny thing is made in USA tires aren't usually much more $$ (if at all).

Might as well buy stuff made here while you still can. :dunno:

FWIW, I'm running BFG KM2's, made here. :D :USAflag:

Tire rack lists the country of origin of all it's tires,

funny thing is made in USA tires aren't usually much more $$ (if at all).

Might as well buy stuff made here while you still can. :dunno:

FWIW, I'm running BFG KM2's, made here. :D :USAflag:

:agree: :clapping: :cheers:

Good ol' BFG AT's can't go wrong with that . :thumbsup:

In my area the city and state are bitching about being in debt , so they took all the trash cans out of the parks , kicked the bum's out from

under the bridge , raised taxes , shut half of the streetlights down and fired most of the city road crews as well as the DOT sand trucks .

Their down to a skeleton crew , barely keeping up with the snow storms ..

If that gives you any indication of how are roads look , simply put there is no difference between on and off road around here .

The BFG AT ko's that I've been putting through hell , have held up very well to the city's lack of care for the tax payers who

float their paychecks .

soapbox.gif off .

On my MJ, not even sure. Mismatched set of 225 or 235 all seasons... They work and pass inspection so I wasn't too worried about looking at them more yet.

On my XJ I've had great experience with Goodyear MT/R's. I've run 245/75 R16 MT/R's, 33x12.5 R15 MT/R's, and the newest set is 35x12.5 R15 MT/R's with Kevlar (the new style MT/R's). I love 'em. They get me through anything I throw at them, including getting me to work since my XJ is/was my DD. I live in New Hampshire so they've seen some nasty weather and I've always felt confident in their performance.

So far on the new MT/R's I've been even more impressed than the old ones. They are actually quieter on road than my 33's were, yet they have more aggressive outer lug spacing. I've used them on road and for some snow wheeling so far, but come this spring/summer I'll be starting to test them out on the rocks. I expect them to do well, but time will tell.

i also agree about buying american tires. there are lots of great options.

i'm a big fan of the bfg a/t's or mt/t's. i also got a set of bfg long trail tires in a deal, almost new, i ran them in the winter instead of my mud tires and they are the best tire on the pavement i've had. and i've been through a lot of tires, and i sell them.

another good mud tire i like is the cooper stt, i got this set in a deal and they have been good tires as well. general are also good tires. the only reason i'm not a fan of goodyear is the price, they aren't worth the extra money to me.

beware of walmart/sam's club tires. pay close attention, the tire is slightly different, and not the same quality as what you get from a real tire dealer in most cases. walmart goes to the manufacturers and says we're gonna buy a ton of tires, but we'll only pay this much. tire maker says, ok, but we can't sell our name brand tire at that cost, but we'll make a similar tire to meat your request. and they do this as to not pass up on selling thousands of tires at a time.