engine swap with tranny (easyest)?? ?? ??

Since that truck came with either a V-6 or a 4cyl, the easiest swap is with the same engine that came out of it.

What motor might that have been?

My friend just finishing a 4.0 swap into his 86 (it had a 4cyl) he totally swapped all the wiring (engine compartment and dash), had to clearance the trans tunnel with a BFH, totally rebuilt the radiator core support to fit the 4.0 radiator.

With the 350-SM465 The easiest category is nowhere to be seen.

4.0 AX-15 Lots of work, doable, definitely not in the easy category, but it is the best choice.

right now I got the 2,8L V6 witch is not working

I can have a 350 with no tranny for free

I can also have a 4,0L with tranny and T-case for about 400$ with every thing I need (cpu and all)

and so far i can't find a 4,3L close to my place ..........

which is the opposite of inexpensive. :D

none of those options sounds incredible good with a limited budget. You'd need EVERYTHING from the 4.0 Jeep including the interior wiring, dash, fuel pump and plumbing, driveshafts, exhaust, hood, hood latches and the radiator support. It's best to buy a complete running donor. For a 350 you need all new mounts, plumbing, radiator, driveshafts, etc. all custom and/or really expensive. Not to mention that your axles are suddenly the weak link.

The 3.4L bolts right in using your existing exhaust and accessories. you just need to balance the flywheel and add in an aftermarket inline fuel pump. add to it an aftermarket carb and you should get a decent Jeep out of the deal.

What isn't working right with the 2.8L? Maybe it'd be best to just fix the thing for now.

Its not the 4.3 that you would want, it is the 3.4 from a camaro or firebird. I'm sure you could find one of those for $400 or less, even if you have to drive a ways to get it. Did you look at car-part.com ? You can search on there for just about and search radius you want of all the junkyards around. That engine will bolt right up and you swap all the stuff over from the 2.8 block, though youll need the flywheel nuetral balanced at a machine shop. That would be your EASIEST option and cheapest too I think. The 4.0 swap would be good, but I think it will end up costing you more in stuff like the rear driveshaft, radiator and core support... stuff like that. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

I see Pete beat me to it!

the 3.4L swap is so easy I did in my 86 XJ while I was living in a hotel. It only cost me about $400 to do it. That includes the $200 junk yard motor that I rebuilt on the back of my Chevy and in my hotel room. :yes:

niiiice....you've got Jeep style, my friend

:cheers:

Jeff