The 92

Well now that its home, I figured i would start the build thread. Just bought a 92 long bed 4.0, AW4, 4x4 column shift, with a 4.5" front lift, and a SOA rear. Welded 35 rear needs to go ASAP. Its rough around the edges, but the core is solid and one day it will be up to my standards. Build date is 4/23/92.

Current plans are to take off the snorkel, swap out the seats for buckets, and fix the bad track bar.

Well stage 1 removal of the PVC snorkel is complete :banana: . Ended up cutting it off at the fender and and pulling the whole thing off. Then I took the cone filter and clamped it on the tube coming off the stock airtube. It's just a temporary fix to just have a filter on the intake. This weekend i'll put the new fender on it. Went to pull the seat, but got nervous about rust. The 2 seat mount studs on the DS rear seem to be gone :oops:. This weekend i'll pull the carpet an see what i find.

Before

After

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well about a week ago the 92 left me stranded on the side of the highway. A week later it's still sitting here not running. It has a new fuel pump, filter, and pressure regulator. Somehow the motor is still not getting enough fuel and won't run, out of patience and ideas now, probably going to a mechanic and blowing more of my non existent money :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop:

does the 92 still have the ballist resister under the hood like the 91 models? It's that big white block with the 2 wires connected to it. If it does it should be located on the driver side on the inner fender well. Try replacing that. If not chack the ground on the tail liht harness. That also grounds out the fuel pump

Well she's finally back. 1999MJ was on the right path, ballast resistor and TPS were shot. No fuel and no air= no go. Just happy its running again, o and forgot to add that the day before it stopped running i had a new windshield installed, with rubber trim pieces now, no more haze or squeak. Got it all done for $120 which i couldn't pass up :clapping: