Rustys 3.5" AAL

Is anyone here useing this add a leaf? Will it really lift it 3.5"? it claims its for XJ's and Comanches. I'm going to rearch my springs myself and stick this AAL in so hopefully it won't sag much and give it all the lift it can. . i don't haul anything heavy or tow.

I have 3" coils in the front now i want to stick in a 1" coil spacer and put the 3.5 AAL in the rear with rearched springs. if it truely lifts the rear 3.5" and stays there it would be great. but if it sags some i can allways put shackles on it. I would like to hear from others about there AAL's

i looked into what kind of lift is on the 91 i am buying from rob and he says it is a 3" rustys lift. AAL just like what you want. the only thing is he told me they sent him the wrong shocks so he never used their AALs and just did a sort of custom rear end lift. if i were you and you are looking for something cheap look into Rough Country lifts. i know a few people that run these and have had no problems with them. other poeple say they suck too but it can't be as bad as rustys reputation.

Alex

rustys has always managed to get my brother and i the right parts the first time, but we've never bought much other than a TBS that they designed.

but theyve always sent the right stuff, and since we're right next door to bama it usually gets here next day. (and this time it was 2 different lockers, and two different year superaxle kits along with all the kits) took a little longer than expected but it was over the weekend so a week and 2 days isnt that bad.

not saying some peopel don't have a hard time with them...

just that we've had decent service from him.

I ran Rusty's 2" AAL on my last XJ. When I put it on, it was 3" of lift. Once it settled in it yielded about 1 1/2" lift. But it ended up being level which made it look nice. I used Rancho shocks though. I haven't had any major issues with Rusty's CS either. One order, my wife made for me. And Rusty's called to verify it because my wife misread my chicken scratch writing and mis-ordered some stuff.

I would NEVER EVER EVER use a Rough Crap lift. I didn't know any better and bought one for my first XJ. The shackle cracked in half the first time I went wheeling. Luckily, I had access to a welder there.

The ride was TERRIBLE, it rode like a buckboard wagon. I almost felt bad when I sold the Jeep. The kid who bought it, didn't drive it very long for a test drive.

RC's customer service was as bad, if not worse than Rusty's. When I called them about the split shackle, the tool on the phone said,'that can't happen' and hung up on me.

I read somewhere the place that makes Rustys springs also makes Rubicon Express's springs. So I took a chance and ordered the 180lb coils. Even though I haven’t driven it yet, it lifted it a little over 3" and quality seems to be good. I ordered the 3.5" AAL's and I did tell them it was for a MJ. I just hope they are MJ specific (didn’t ask :( ). As far as there bracketry and in shop made stuff I’m not going to chance it I will be ordering my LCA's from Rubicon Express.

Keep the AAL experiences coming! i can't find any good info on yahoo searches about them. :D

I'm in the process of doing an RE 3.5" full length AAL on my XJ. When they say full length, they mean FULL-LENGTH. The AAL leaves go from spring eye to spring eye. They are only about 1/4" short of reaching to the center point of the the eye.

There is no comparision on the quality of the parts from the RE kit I'm using to RC/Rusty's. No burrs, all the powdercoating and paint in excellent condition. What welds there are, are all excellent in apperance.

I bought the new 4" spring packs they offer for the rear of MJs. I had no problem with them bolting up, but damn they sat tall, way taller than 4". When I was done I looked at the thing and the truck sat way high in the back. So I took out the bottom leaf from the packs and it helped things out some, also loosened the leafs up, got a lot more flex out of them. I still couldnt get the 4-5" shocks they sent me to fit on the stock mounts though, an issue I still have to resolve. There is something to be said about the springs sagging though over time...