Rear Differential,

I Bought me a little 2wd Commanche as a project and i got everything running good and cleaned up and i went for a little afternoon drive and i have a terrible Vibration whenever i lift my foot off the Gas pedal at speeds over 25-30. Well I am thinking that i have got some issues in the rearend, i had previously changed out the rear diff fluid and hadn't seen any signs of wear, so i am thinking that it is some backlash or something, as soon as i get back on the gas goes right away.

Well with all that being said i am new to the MJ/XJ world and i got a buddy that has a Dana 35 out of a 1993YJ and was wondering if it would bolt right in or do i need to stick with a MJ/XJ rear?

Thanks in advance, JEEP SARGE

oh I didn't even think about that. I doubt it will just bolt right up come to think of it. I know most things xj related match in the front of an mj but not the back. It's probobly the same for the tj. But i do have a very limited knowledge so far lol. I'm learning :D

MJ'S came with D30 and D35. Only the metric ton package or special order got thr D44. The yJ spring perches are 1-1/2 inches farther apart than MJ.

Thanks that is what i was needing to know, Let me see how replacing my u-joints works out this evening

IMHO , after all the work putting a new or used diff , in place , I would find a ford 8.8 or a dana 44 . Both are good

axles and very upgradable . Disc brakes and lots of options on lockers . :cheers:

Do you mean disk brakes are an option? because my D44 rear axle has drum brakes...